Warm and crunchy Strawberry Cheesecake Chimichangas are sure to satisfy your dessert cravings and can be ready in just 15 minutes!
Sometimes I surprise people when I tell them how easy it is to make a strawberry cheesecake. As easy as cheesecake is to make, there is an even easier option believe it or not! If you are craving a cheesecake bite, this dessert is the perfect solution. These Strawberry Cheesecake Chimichangas are sweet, crispy, fruity perfection that you can whip up in just 15 minutes!
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE CHIMICHANGAS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
When you are mulling over what dessert to serve to your family, the word chimichanga probably isn’t the first to come to mind. These delicious dessert wraps are stuffed with strawberry cheesecake filling, rolled up, and then fried to a crisp. After they are fried they are dusted with cinnamon sugar and served warm. This cheesecake chimichanga might just be your family’s new favorite sweet treat!
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE CHIMICHANGA INGREDIENTS
Cream Cheese- Cream cheese is the base for any cheesecake and these chimis are no exception.
Greek Yogurt- I like to use plain Greek yogurt to complete the cheesecake base. If you don’t have any on hand, you can substitute for sour cream instead.
Strawberries- The strawberries should be thinly sliced (or even diced) to best incorporate them into the cheesecake mixture. If desired, you could definitely substitute the strawberries for a different fruit. Try blueberries or even ripe peaches!
Flour Tortillas- You want medium, soft taco-sized tortillas. for the dessert. Be careful not to buy street taco-sized tortillas because you still need to be able to roll it up at the end!
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE CHIMICHANGAS
- First, in a large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, greek yogurt, sugar, and vanilla until the mixture is smooth.
- Continue by stirring the sliced strawberries into the mixture until they are evenly distributed.
- Divide the cheesecake mixture evenly between the 6 tortillas.
- Next, fold the ends of the tortilla up and roll it up like a burrito.
- Now melt butter in a pan over medium heat and fry the chimichangas for 2-3 minutes on each side until they are golden brown.
- While the tortillas cook, mix together the sugar and cinnamon for the sugar coating.
- When the chimichangas are finished frying, place them into the sugar mix and roll them to completely coat them in cinnamon sugar on all sides.
- Finally, serve warm and enjoy!
CHEESECAKE CHIMICHANGA TIPS & TRICKS
If it’s your first time frying up a batch of these dessert chimichangas then you might find some of these tips and tricks helpful!
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for a few seconds prior to rolling them. A warm tortilla is less likely to break when you are rolling it up.
- When you place the chimichangas in the frying pan, place the seam side down because it will prevent it from unrolling itself.
- If you know you will be making this recipe for strawberry cheesecake chimichangas you can prepare the cheesecake mixture in advance to save time. Once you mix it, place it in an airtight container and store it in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
TRY THESE OTHER DELICIOUS DESSERTS
- Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- Raspberry Cheesecake Bites
- Strawberry Dessert Nachos
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Pink Magic Bars
- More DESSERT recipes…
TOOLS USED IN THIS STRAWBERRY CHIMICHANGAS RECIPE
Frying Pan: This pan is the perfect size to fry up six cheesecake chimichangas to crispy, golden perfection all at once!
Tortilla Warmer: Though it isn’t necessary for this recipe, a tortilla warmer just makes life a little easier!
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup strawberries huller and thin sliced
- 6 soft taco-sized flour tortillas
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, greek yogurt, 1/4 cup sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir in the strawberries until evenly distributed in the cheesecake mixture.
- Divide the cheesecake mixture evenly between the 6 tortillas. Spread the cheesecake down the center of the tortilla, but not quite to the edges. Then fold the sides of the tortilla in and roll it up like a burrito.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the chimichangas in the pan (starting seam side down) and fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- While the tortillas cook, mix together 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- As soon as the chimis finish frying, immediately place them into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and roll until coated.
- Serve warm. If you want, you can even sprinkle a little more cinnamon sugar on top and garnish with fresh strawberries.
- The filling for this is creamy and not too sweet since the chimis get rolled in cinnamon sugar too.
- You can swap plain Greek yogurt for sour cream, or even strawberry or vanilla-flavored Greek yogurt.
- Don't overfill the tortillas with the cheesecake mixture. You don't want it to escape through the sides.
Leave a Reply