Fresh Pineapple Salsa is an incredibly easy recipe that wows with its colorful presentation. Just a few simple ingredients and you have an appetizer that’s flavorful & delicious!
Hello, fresh flavors! This delicious Pineapple Salsa is amazingly easy to make, but more importantly, it’s a flavorful and healthy way to snack. Grab your favorite chips and you’re ready to get dippin’! This pineapple salsa recipe is perfect for summer! We love making it for pool parties, backyard barbecues, and even when we’re just having friends over. This pineapple salsa goes great alongside our favorite empanadas too!
FRESH PINEAPPLE SALSA
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Fresh, tropical pineapple is one of those foods that makes your mouth water. Sweet with a little tang. Paired with tomatoes, onion, garlic and jalapeño peppers, it really shines. Plus, it’s light, so perfect for warm weather and relaxing with friends. kinda like this Strawberry Balsamic Flatbread and these Pineapple Meatballs Skewers I also like to make this time of year! Yum!
I have to say, this recipe is pretty darn simple to make. Well, if the pineapple stays around long enough! My fruit obsessed daughter is a big fan and always goes for the pineapple as soon as I bring it in the house. I can’t blame her, juicy pineapple is exceptionally good!
How to Make Pineapple Salsa
- Going under the assumption you have enough fresh pineapple and no one around your house got to it first, you need to chop it and the rest of the ingredients up.
- After you’re done with the chopping, you mix with the other ingredients, and then you can start munching. See, totally simple!
Tips for Making Pineapple Salsa
- If you’re looking to use your whole pineapple, start by cutting it lengthwise, just to the side of the top, and hollow it out to use as a serving bowl. Perfect for wowing guests and saving on dishwashing!
- Fresh Pineapple Salsa will keep in the refrigerator for about 5 days. However, it will become more watery the longer it’s left.
- How to tell if your pineapple is ripe? You should be able to smell the distinctive sweet pineapple smell when you put your nose close to the bottom of the fruit. Additionally, the pineapple should “give” slightly when squeezed gently.
This is a great make-ahead recipe. You can prepare it in advance, refrigerate, and bring it out when ready to serve. I actually prefer it the next day.
How to use Pineapple Salsa
- Pineapple Salsa Chicken
- On top of salmon or your favorite fish
- Pork Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- For a spicy, sweet & savory treat, put it on top of ice cream!
Want more pleasing pineapple recipes?
- Pineapple Casserole
- Pineapple Cheese Ball
- Brown Sugar Pineapple Chicken
- Pineapple Banana Whip
- Pineapple Ham and Cheese Pull Apart Bread
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Fresh Pineapple Salsa recipe
Knives: A good set of kitchen knives is essential for any cook. This set is the best one I’ve owned so far and it comes with a knife block, steak knives, and an array of larger knives perfect for all your slicing, chopping, and cutting needs.
Cutting Board: A good-sized cutting board is a must for home cooks. This board is thick & sturdy and makes recipe prep a breeze.
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
- 1 large pineapple diced
- 5 Roma tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chopped pineapple, tomatoes, cilantro, red onion, garlic, and jalapeños. Drizzle with lime juice and toss to coat evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow flavors to blend at room temperature for 30 minutes, or chill until ready to serve. Goes well with tortilla chips or over grilled chicken or fish.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!