Taking a simple potato & making it into a delicious snack is easier than you think. These crispy PARMESAN ROSEMARY POTATO CHIPS are a loaded with flavor!
These chips are simple to make and don’t require a lot of ingredients, just a little time and patience. They would be so enjoyed hot out of the oil on game day or as an appetizer anytime. Homemade potato chips RULE and if you have never made them, you have to try this recipe.
Golden and crunchy goodness with the wonderful flavorings of parmesan and rosemary awaits you with these potato chips. A quick slice on a mandolin and a dunk in cold water keeps them from browning. These have a gourmet touch and would be something that is served in a lovely restaurant but you can also make them at home to your families and friends delight!!
Potato chips have a been a staple in the snacking world forever. They are loved by so many and like they say, “you can never eat just one”. Although when sliced thinly on a mandolin, ONE large russet potato makes more than enough. Hubby is the fryer in this household. He loves a crispy chip as a treat, well who doesn’t?! If you think about it, they are gluten free and vegan too!
Rosemary and parmesan marry so well with these crunchy spuds as a result giving you a unique flavor combination!! Plus, don’t peel the potato, leave the fantastic skin on, it gives the chips a lovely rustic look and saves you loads of time.
Flavored chips are all the rage now, hence there are some wild and wonderful seasonings now put on the ‘ol potato chip. For me, fresh and natural flavors are the best, like in these Parmesan Rosemary Potato Chips.
- 1 large or 2 medium russet potatoes
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. finely chopped rosemary
- 1/2 cup finely grated and chopped parmesan
- Salt to taste
- Canola oil for frying
- Slice the potatoes very thinly using a mandolin. Place the potato slices in a large bowl of water to keep from browning.
- Heat about 3" of oil in a large pot, fryer or wok (we love using our wok) to 350F. Pat potatoes dry in batches (8 to10 at a time) and fry until golden brown. Drain well with a slotted spoon. Do not pat dry the potatoes as the toppings won't adhere. Place potatoes in a bowl with a pinch of rosemary, cheese and salt to taste and gently toss. Place on a cookie sheet to dry. Repeat until all potato slices are cooked.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!