I love funky little appetizers! One that tastes divine and you just can’t get enough of them. Easy, pop in your mouth little bites for a special occasion. Well, these Spinach Balls are great for St. Patrick’s Day. A gorgeous bright green is perfect to celebrate a little luck of the Irish with!! These light, delicious and slightly crisp appetizers will go best washed down with your favorite lager or a great pint of Guinness.
A simple dill and lemon dip from the grocery store is all you need to add some extra umph to these already great healthy snacks recipes. They are easy to make and bake. They are different than the stuffng spinach ball recipes that you see around as these have panko crumbs. Panko crumbs are nice and light and add a little crispness to these great bites.
Try one, try two, you will want to eat them all. They are a fantastic vegetarian option and a great way to get the little ones to love their spinach.
They are easy to roll up and bake and have ready in the freezer for when company arrive. Always trying to think of a fun green recipe to share on St. Patrick’s day. These are a great, healthy and flavorful option for you.
- 2 cups Panko crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. each oregano thyme and basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 tsp. garlic paste
- 2 pkg. 10 oz. frozen spinach defrosted and squeezed dry
- Cooking spray for cookie sheet
- Pkg. Dill/lemon dip or your favorite dip for serving
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray. Combine all the ingredients and mix well. Roll mixture into 1" balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 20-25 min. or until lightly golden brown. Serve with dill/lemon dip.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day, you will love to have these at the ready!!