This week it seems is all about bite sized snacks. I mean when you’re planning a party, like for New Year’s, how can you go wrong with bite sized deliciousness? These stuffed mushrooms are like a tasty package. They’re full of cheesy sausage and they go fast. The great thing is that they’re a make ahead appetizer! You can put everything together a day or two ahead of time and pop them in the oven just before your guests get there. They’re best warm straight out of the oven but Christmas we were snacking on these all day long and they were still good later in the day.
These were so simple to make. The filling is as easy as cooking the sausage and mixing in the rest of the ingredients. They are such a show stopping appetizer that is one of the simplest to make. They’re perfect for New Year’s or your next party.
- 24 button mushrooms whole
- 1 lb. breakfast sausage
- 3 green onions chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves diced fine
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 c. Panko bread crumbs
- carefully remove the the stems from the mushrooms and finely chop
- over med heat cook sausage, breaking up as it cooks
- once browned add in the mushroom stems and cook 2-3 min
- add in the green onions and garlic gloves and cook another 1-2 min
- add in cream cheese and Parmesan cheese stirring until melted
- add in bread crumbs and remove from heat
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- scoop a heaping tablespoon amount of filling into the mushrooms
- place in a baking dish
- bake for 10 to 15 min until filling is browned and mushrooms are softened
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!