I am in love with all things red, white, and blue this summer, and these MINI RED, WHITE, AND BLUEBERRY BUNDT CAKES are sure to make a splash at your next get together!
I am not normally a sweets person, but lately I have been baking mini bundt cakes like they are going out of style. The kids absolutely flipped over these mini chocolate bundt cakes, but I am in LOVE red, white, and blue during the summer. So for memorial day, the 4th of July. and pretty much any reason I can think of I will be baking these red, white, and blueberry mini bundt cakes.
They are festive, delicious, and SO easy to make. You certainly can make your cake mix from scratch, but I used a box of white cake mix along with raspberry and blueberry pie filling. I did add just a bit of red and blue gel coloring to deepen the colors but feel free to leave it out if you prefer.
I don’t have much luck with large bundt cakes, so I always make mine mini. One box will give you 12 mini bundt cakes. You could also bake them as cupcakes, again you will get 12.
With a little glaze and some berries, you have a fun and festive dessert perfect for any summer party or potluck.
- 15.25 ounce box of white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup of water
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil for the white layer
- 2 Tbsp raspberry pie filling for the red layer
- 2 Tbsp blueberry pie filling for the blue layer
For the glaze:
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- heat oven to 350 degrees
- grease and flour mini bundt pan
- blend cake mix with egg whites and water (you will have 3 cups of batter)
- dive batter evenly into three bowls
- add 2 Tbsp oil to the white batter
- add 2 Tbsp raspberry pie filling to the red batter (add gel color if desired)
- add 2 Tbsp blueberry pie filling to the blue batter (add gel color in desired)
- add batter to cake pans, red, white, and then blue (adding in sections)
- bake cakes for 18 minutes
- cool in pans 5 minutes, and then move to a rack to complete cooling
- to make the glaze whisk the powdered sugar with the cream until smooth
- pour glaze over cakes an then add berries (optional)
Leave a Reply