I am in love with all things red, white, and blue this summer, and these MINI RED, WHITE, AND BLUEBERRY BUNDT CAKES are sure to make a splash at your next get together!
I am not normally a sweets person, but lately I have been baking mini bundt cakes like they are going out of style. The kids absolutely flipped over these mini chocolate bundt cakes, but I am in LOVE red, white, and blue during the summer. So for memorial day, the 4th of July. and pretty much any reason I can think of I will be baking these red, white, and blueberry mini bundt cakes.
They are festive, delicious, and SO easy to make. You certainly can make your cake mix from scratch, but I used a box of white cake mix along with raspberry and blueberry pie filing. I did add just a bit of red and blue gel coloring to deepen the colors, but feel free to leave it out if you prefer.
I don’t have much luck with large bundt cakes, so I always make mine mini. One box will give you 12 mini bundt cakes. You could also bake them as cupcakes, again you will get 12.
With a little glaze and some berries you have a fun and festive dessert perfect for any summer party or potluck.
- 15.25 ounce box of white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup of water
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil for the white layer
- 2 Tbsp raspberry pie filling for the red layer
- 2 Tbsp blueberry pie filling for the blue layer
For the glaze:
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- heat oven to 350 degrees
- grease and flour mini bundt pan
- blend cake mix with egg whites and water (you will have 3 cups of batter)
- dive batter evenly into three bowls
- add 2 Tbsp oil to the white batter
- add 2 Tbsp raspberry pie filling to the red batter (add gel color if desired)
- add 2 Tbsp blueberry pie filling to the blue batter (add gel color in desired)
- add batter to cake pans, red, white, and then blue (adding in sections)
- bake cakes for 18 minutes
- cool in pans 5 minutes, and then move to a rack to complete cooling
- to make the glaze whisk the powdered sugar with the cream until smooth
- pour glaze over cakes an then add berries (optional)
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!