This Cranberry Jalapeno Cheese Log combines the rich flavor of goat cheese with tart cranberries and spicy jalapeño to create an easy & delicious appetizer.
I gave myself a challenge this month. I wanted my Real Housemoms recipe to be something easy to make. Nailed it. Something so delicious that people will be willing to ruin their appetite because they can’t stop eating. Nailed it. Something that you can’t just go buy in the store. Nailed it. Something you can serve at a holiday party. Nailed it. Something I wanted to eat immediately after I photographed it for the post. Yeah, did that too.
I’ll be the first to admit that the photo above doesn’t look very appetizing. I admit, it looks like ground beef. But I promise, its just the fresh cranberry, fresh jalapeño, and brown sugar that I pulsed up in my food processor. I wanted to show you how I spread it out to be the same width of the cheese. Its the holiday season, you know, and things get so hectic I would lose my head if it wasn’t attached, so I’ll take advantage of any shortcuts whenever possible.
Then, I just took the plastic wrap and wrapped that delicious cranberry jalapeño mixture around the cheese. I stuck it in the freezer to firm it up, but you can just stick it in the refrigerator if you have more patience than me.
Serve it up room temperature with some crackers and watch your guests go to town. Seriously, if you want to hide the fact that you love food, you may want to eat before your guests arrive, because once this jalapeño cranberry cheese log is out, you’ll have a hard time staying away. I speak from personal experience.
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 small jalapeño seeds and stem removed*
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 8 ounces goat cheese log shape
- Process fresh cranberries, jalapeño, and brown sugar in food processor until a thick paste forms.
- On a sheet of plastic wrap, spread an even layer of the cranberry mixture to form a square shape that is as long as the length of your goat cheese and wide enough to wrap around the circumference.
- Place the goat cheese on the cranberry mixture, then lift the plastic wrap around so that the cranberry mixture bonds tightly to the cheese. Wrap tightly with any excess plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve at room temperature with crackers.
If you enjoyed this post, be sure to check out some of my other delicious recipes:
Leave a Reply