A creamy, flavorful cream sauce, a top penne, with summer sausages and your favorite green summer vegetables. This CREAMY SUMMER VEGGIE & SAUSAGE PENNE is sure to be a hit!
Don’t you just love a one skillet pasta dish? Me too! And my family as well. This one rates really high on my list because it is decadent, creamy, and oh so delicious, but also super easy to make. Plus it comes together quick.
And don’t you just love Penne pasta? We make this Skillet Thai Peanut Chicken Penne all the time, and we love the intense flavors, but I wanted something a little lighter and more summery with the weather changes.
Real Housemoms TV
I love that this recipe uses those summer veggies we always have too many of, like zucchini. Young, tender, zucchini that are picked before they get too big are the best for this dish.
We love using sausage in our pasta dishes because it is usually pre-cooked, so you just have to heat it up, maybe sear it a bit, and then you are good to go! Easy, fast, and oh so yummy.
This dish is cooked in a skillet, but you do have to cook the noodles separately. The trickiest part of the recipe is deglazing the pan. However, that is just a fancy way of saying “getting the brown bits off the bottom to make the sauce more flavorful” and you do this with white cooking wine, which also adds a nice, subtle flavor to the sauce.
If you love pasta as much as I do, check out these other great pasta dishes on Eazy Peazy Mealz.
- 16 ounce package of Penne Pasta cooked according to package directions
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots diced small
- 1 Kielbasa sausage sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock or chicken
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbs Chopped Parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup asparagus sliced
- 1/2 cup zucchini sliced thin
- Cook penne according to package directions. Strain, and set aside
- Cut Kielbasa into rounds
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium high heat, heat olive oil until legs form, but it is not smoking and saute kielbasa until slightly browned, and cooked through.
- Add shallots to the pan, and brown well. At this point the pan should have some brown on the bottom. you will deglaze the pan with the white cooking wine, which means pour the wine in, and use a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce the wine by 3/4 then add in chicken broth and heavy cream, paprika, and garlic powder as well as asparagus and zucchini to the pan, bring to a simmer.
- Toss pasta with sauce, and allow it to cook for a few minutes until the veggies are tender.
- Remove from heat, fold in cheese and parsley
- Taste, season with salt and pepper to preference, and serve!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!