Slow Cooker Chicken Taquitos are easy to make and always a big hit! I love how easy this is to make any night of the week for a delicious dinner the whole family loves!
This is really one of the best crock pot recipes! All you have to do is toss everything into the slow cooker and set it on high for 3 to 4 hours. Be sure to use chicken thighs for this recipe. Chicken thighs work great in the slow cooker. They stay tender and moist, are loaded with flavor, and cost a lot less than chicken breast too!
When you are ready to assemble the taquitos you simply put some cheese on a flour tortilla and top that with some of the chicken in cream sauce. Then you roll them up tightly…
and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. If you don’t have parchment paper, you can use foil, but be sure to spray the foil so they don’t stick. Brush the tops and sides with vegetable oil and bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes. To get them extra crispy I like to turn on the broiler for a minute at the end of the cooking time. Be sure to watch them closely so they don’t burn to a crisp!
Once the cheese is melted to ooey gooey goodness and they are nice and crispy, I like to serve them with my favorite guacamole recipe. If we are enjoying these for dinner, I’ll make up some Spanish rice on the side. They are so good! Enjoy!
- 6 skinless boneless chicken thighs
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1 4 ounce can diced jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup mild green chile enchilada sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 15-20 6 inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded Colby/Jack cheese or other Mexican style cheese
- Freshly chopped cilantro to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Simple Guacamole Recipe
- In a slow cooker, combine chicken thighs, 8 ounce package of cream cheese, 4 ounces diced jalapeno peppers (with juice), 1/4 cup mild green chile enchilada sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours.
- Once chicken is cooked, shred the chicken and stir to combine with the sauce. The sauce will be very creamy and spicy. Let it cool for about 10 minutes and the sauce will thicken.
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Top each flour tortilla with about 2 tablespoons of cheese and 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture. Sprinkle on a little chopped cilantro and roll the wraps tightly. Adjust the amount of filling so you don't have too much squishing out when you roll them. Place each wrap seam side down on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush vegetable oil onto the top and sides of each wrap and bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese melts and tortillas start to brown. To make them a little more crispy, turn on the broiler and cook another minute or two, but watch them closely as they will burn quickly this way. Enjoy!
You might also enjoy my Slow Cooker Cheese Steaks