Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas are a quick and easy weeknight meal that tastes totally gourmet. This one-pan dinner can be on your table in under 30 minutes!
This Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajita recipe is a snap to make, bursting with colorful bell peppers and onions all tossed with olive oil and spices and baked in ONE PAN! It really doesn’t get easier than this. You can serve these Shrimp Fajitas on tortillas, in a salad, or with rice and beans with all your favorite fajita toppings for a complete meal-in-one that’s different every time!
SHEET PAN SHRIMP FAJITAS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
MY LATEST VIDEOS
I get giddy over sheet pan meals like my Sheet Pan Lemon Garlic Butter Shrimp and Asparagus and Sheet Pan Fajita Salmon because it usually means a meal-in-one with no additional sides to prep AND a meal with only one pan to clean – yes PLEASE! This Sheet Pan Fajita Shrimp recipe is the latest addition to my arsenal of quick, easy dinners that taste completely gourmet without feeling like a chore to make because easy CAN equal delicious!
To make these shrimp fajitas, simply line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up then we are going to bake our onions and bell peppers for 10 minutes without our shrimp because the veggies take longer to cook. You will see many recipes that bake the shrimp and veggies at the same time – but this is no bueno. You will end up with either crunchy bell peppers and raw onions or you will have overdone shrimp.
To solve this problem, we add our add your onions and bell peppers to the pan and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Fajita seasoning and a dash of salt. Next, toss until evenly combined then spread into an even layer and bake for 10 minutes.
While the veggies are baking, we add our shrimp to a large bowl along with 1 tablespoon olive oil and remaining Fajita seasoning and cayenne pepper (if you like spicy). Stir until evenly coated.
After the bell peppers and onions have baked 10 minutes we remove the pan from the oven and place shrimp evenly on top of veggies. Bake at 400 degrees F for 6 minutes then broil (without moving oven rack position) for 2 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. The broiling chars the veggies in some places for that authentic fajita taste and feel. And that’s it!
To serve this shrimp fajita recipe, you can eat them wrapped in a warm tortilla with sour cream, salsa, and fresh lime, you can make a Fajita Shrimp Salad, or Fajita Shrimp Quesadilla or simply serve them along with beans and rice with your toppings of choice. If you prefer a different protein for your fajitas, try our sheet pan chicken fajitas or beef fajitas!
Want more easy shrimp recipes?
- Spicy Garlic Shrimp
- Creamy Greek Shrimp Pasta
- Garlic Roasted Shrimp with Spinach Artichoke Pasta
- Pineapple Coconut Lime Shrimp Skewers
- Baked Bang Bang Shrimp
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas recipe
Mixing Bowl: These mixing bowls are perfect for mixing and serving. I love the varied sizes so I always have to right size bowl for all my mixing needs.
Baking Sheet: A nice big baking sheet is a must have for any kitchen. This half pan sheet is large than a regular cookie and works great for anything you’re baking.
Aluminum Foil: Foil is one of my favorite kitchen essentials. It helps keep food from browning too quickly, keeps clean up easy, and lets me make delicious foil packet meals!
Tongs: A good pair of tongs is a kitchen essential. I like having a couple sizes – a longer set for grilling and a shorter set for stovetop cooking.
- 1 1/2 pounds medium uncooked peeled shrimp deveined & tails removed
- 3 bell peppers sliced (any color combo)
- 1/2 large red onion thinly sliced
- 3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 ounce package Fajita Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- Fresh lime juice a must!
- Cilantro rough chopped
- Sour cream
- Tomatoes chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Add onions and bell peppers to pan. Drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Fajita seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss until evenly coated then spread evenly on baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees F. Stir veggies and place back into an even layer.
- Meanwhile, add shrimp to a large bowl along with 1 tablespoon olive oil and remaining Fajita seasoning and cayenne pepper (if you like spicy). Stir until evenly coated.
- After veggies have baked 10 minutes, remove from oven and place shrimp evenly on top of veggies. Bake at 400 degrees F for 6 minutes then broil (without moving oven rack position) for 2 minutes or until shrimp is opaque.
- Serve shrimp and veggies with rice or in a tortilla as fajitas or in a burrito with rice/beans, as a salad with toppings of choice.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!