These flavorful BEEF FAJITAS are tender beef marinated in a delicious sauce, and cooked with peppers and onions for a fantastic and delicious meal!
Fajitas are one of the greatest culinary inventions of all time. Flavorful, delicious, totally easy to customize. I mean, what more could you ask for?
Fajitas these days come in a ton of different flavors and options and protein options, but for today’s recipe we are going classic beef fajitas. Perfectly marinated and totally tender, with slightly charred veggies make these the best classic fajitas you will ever eat.
Sometimes when I get fajitas in a restaurant I am disappointed because the meat is not tender enough, or there aren’t enough tortillas and toppings. That will not be the case with this awesome meal. You marinate the beef for a few hours, and it tenderizes it.
And you get to control the number of tortillas and garnish! Fill it as full as you want.
Are you drooling yet?
Tender beef, a flavorful marinade, sizzling peppers and onions, and of course all the delicious toppings in a flour tortilla! You can drool all you want, you deserve it.
I deserve it! Let’s make a sizzling skillet full of this tasty stuff! Or you could make beef and broccoli! That is also a favorite beef recipe.
- 1 1/2 lbs skirt steak or eye of round
- 1/2 large red bell pepper
- 1/2 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Flour tortillas
- Sour cream
- Guacamole or avocados
- Pico de gallo
- Shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbs Olive oil
- 1 Tbs Minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Soy sauce
- 2 Tbs Brown sugar
- 2 tsps Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Liquid smoke
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- Trim the fat off the skirt steak if there is any
- Chill the meat.
- Pound out the flank steak with a meat tenderizer
- Squeeze lime juice over the flank steak
- Prepare the marinade by whisking all the ingredients together
- Put skirt steak in marinade for 2 to 24 hours, and refrigerate
- Slice up peppers and onions into thin pieces
- Turn the stove on to medium-high, and place a cast iron skillet on top
- Once it is hot, pull skirt steak out of the marinade, and put in skillet. Cook for one minute, then flip it over, and cook for an additional minute.
- Transfer meat to a plate
- Put olive oil into the skillet and add onions and peppers then cook for 10 minutes.
- Pour accumulated juices from the meat plate over the veggies and toss to coat
- Slice meat against the grain, then place it back into the skillet, and toss to combine.
- Serve with fresh flour tortillas, sour cream, guacamole, pico, and cheese!
If you love Beef, you will LOVE these Beef and Caramelized Onion Nachos! They are the absolute definition of drool-worthy.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!