CHEESECAKE STUFFED STRAWBERRIES are an easy and delicious way to celebrate the summer season!
This is probably one of the easiest desserts you will ever make. So much so that my daughter actually made these. I just wanted her to help but she said, ” No, I want to make them all.” She is 15 and has been comfortable in the kitchen for a long time so that really didn’t surprise me. She made these for Father’s Day for her dad and all of us devoured them!
You will also want to make these all summer long, as they are a great no-bake dessert and they will get rave reviews at your next backyard gathering, BBQ, potluck or picnic. Grab yourself a pint of strawberries and brick of light cream cheese and you are well on your way to be making this scrumptious dessert that is always a hit.
Real Housemoms TV
Bright, fresh, ruby red strawberries are easy to find in your local grocery store or farmers market. In the summer months they are a berry that needs to be celebrated and shared. The are easily accessible, less expensive and are bursting with flavour. Slice the bottom off to stand up, which I do anyway to get rid of the stem. Then two little slices made into a cross and they are so easy to fill by just moving your tip of the pastry bag around therefore making sure each cut is filled with the luscious cheesecake filling.
Most of all this dessert is cute!! You can add whatever you like for the topping also. We had mini chocolate chips and when eaten, they seemed like just the right amount of a little surprise of chocolate amongst all the goodness of cream cheese and strawberries. In addition to all that has been mentioned they are gluten free too! Such a happy little package of joy for everyone to love! Maybe a double batch would be required if you are feeding a larger crowd because you can’t stop at just one!
- 24 large strawberries approx. 2 lbs
- 8 oz block of light cream cheese, held at room temperature for about 1 hour
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar icing sugar, powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Mini chocolate chips optional
- Remove the stem end giving a nice flat bottom to the strawberry so it will standup. Slice two more slices into the other end of the strawberry creating an "x".
- With a standup mixer or hand held mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add in the confectioner's sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth, starting on low speed and increasing so that you won't have a cloud of sugar all over the kitchen.
- Place the cream cheese into a pastrty bag with a star tip of your choice. Gently separate the strawberry and fill making sure to include all opening with the filling. Top with a chocolate chip.
Do you want more strawberry recipes and something with a creative twist? I have a great collection of 16 Creative Strawberry Shortcake Recipes for you also. Come and pop over to Noshing With The Nolands to have a look. Choose a few and tell me what you think. Enjoy your strawberries this summer since they are so fantastic!!
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!