TRIPLE BERRY CREPES are a breeze to make and look so elegant! This easy recipe is sure to please!
Today’s recipe is one of those – oh I couldn’t do that – but I’m here today to say yes you can recipes! Making the crepes is so much easier than it looks. If you can make a pancake, you can learn how to make these as well. And these are just perfect with a blend of triple berries and fresh whipped cream that has some lemon curd added for that extra zing. Impress your guests with this delightful dessert and feel free to take all the credit!
Once you mix up the batter, it will resemble a thin pancake batter. It’s best to make it up and let it sit out for about 30 minutes before making the actual crepe. All you need for that part is a non-stick 8″ skillet; just heat it up over medium heat and then place about 1/3 cup of batter in and swirl around until the bottom is coated. You will notice the edges get a little dry and in about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes flip over and cook for about the same amount of time (they should be a light brown color). Having the skillet preheated will prevent anything from sticking. You can make the crepes ahead of time and keep in the refrigerator just be sure to place wax paper between crepes and wrap in plastic wrap to keep from drying out.
Now, these are called Triple Berry but you could certainly add in some blackberries and go for the quad! Or just mix and match as you please. The whipped cream with lemon curd really helps marry the whole crepe together and you can’t see it but I used a bit of the cream to glue the top down. Another trick that works well is placing your mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for about 10 minutes before whipping the cream. I happen to have a kitchen aid mixer with a steel bowl and it takes no time at all to get it to come together. So are you convinced to give them a try? We would love to know if you do and we’re always here to answer questions as well! Enjoy!!
- 2 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups 1% or 2% milk
- pinch salt
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon curd I used store brand
- 3 cups cups fresh berries - strawberries raspberries and blueberries
- In a blender combine the milk, eggs, oil and salt and mix well then add in the flour; process until smooth. Let sit on counter for 30 minutes
- Over medium heat, heat skillet until hot.
- Place 1/3 cup of batter in skillet and swirl until bottom is coated
- Cook for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side until light brown
- Remove and make remaining batter
- Whip the whipped cream with the powered sugar until stiff peaks form
- 'Remove about 1 cup and then add the lemon curd to the remaining cream
- To assemble - place about 3 tablespoons of whipped cream with curd down the center
- Place berries (about 8 blueberries, 4 raspberries and 2 strawberries that have been sliced) on top and then roll up.
- Top with additional berries and reserved whipped cream
Other crepe recipes you might enjoy: