Peanut Butter & Jelly French Toast Roll Ups quickly became a family favorite a couple weeks ago and I have a feeling I will be making them often! My kids and husband love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and french toast, so I knew this incredible combination would be a huge hit for breakfast. I made some with only peanut butter, some with only jelly, and some with both. They were all AMAZING!!! Peanut Butter & Jelly French Toast Roll Ups are a perfect weekend breakfast and treat for the entire family! Enjoy!!!
recipe from Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice
- 8 slices white sandwich bread
- reduced fat peanut butter
- low sugar jelly
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground cinnamon
- butter for greasing the pan
- optional-maple syrup for serving
- Trim the crust from the bread and flatten it out with a rolling pin
- Place about a teaspoon or 2 of your chosen filling an inch from one end of the bread spread out in a strip (I used at least 2 tsp of filling. I stopped measuring and just spread a GOOD amount of peanut butter, jelly, or both on the slices of bread)
- Roll the bread up and repeat until they're all filled
- In a shallow bowl whisk the eggs and milk until well combined
- In a separate bowl mix the sugar with the cinnamon
- In a skillet set over medium heat melt a tablespoon of butter
- Add the rolls to the egg turning to coat on all sides then place them in the pan seam side down
- Cook in batches until golden brown, turning them to cook and brown on all sides Add butter to the pan as needed
- Add the hot rolls from the pan to the cinnamon sugar and roll until completely covered in sugar
- Optional-Serve with maple syrup for dunking
Real Housemoms TV
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!