This Blackberries and Cream Stuffed French Toast is so EASY that anyone can make it! Make this EASY breakfast soon for someone special.
Mother’s Day is fast approaching! Real Housemoms is going to be taking part in #BrunchWeek again this year so make sure that you check back every day this week for lots of great ideas for a Mother’s Day brunch. There will be lots of fun and prizes too, so stick around. Who does the cooking in your family on Mother’s Day? My Dad does the cooking for my Mom and my husband has started cooking for me with the occasional help from my two little monkeys. It’s so great to get a breakfast made for me by the people that love me but they don’t cook a lot, so I like to share easy ideas with them.
This EASY Blackberries and Cream Stuffed French Toast is soooo good. I meant to only eat a piece but then I went back for another, and another and another. The almond extract gives a little something extra and the warm cream cheese and berry filling is so good. This recipe makes it so easy to take regular French toast up a notch for Mom on her special day!
- 1 loaf of French bread sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 5 eggs
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar plus 1 tsp
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- butter or cooking spray for the pan
- place the bread slices on a baking sheet and put into the cold oven
- heat the oven to 350 degrees (this will dry out the bread, making it perfect for French toast)
- in a large bowl beat together the eggs, 1/4 cup of sugar, milk, cream, vanilla extract and almond extract
- once the oven reaches 350 degrees check the bread to for staleness and remove
- spread a layer of cream cheese on on side of half of the slices
- in a small bowl mash the berries with 1 tsp of sugar
- heat a large skillet over medium low heat and grease with cooking spray or butter
- dip a piece of bread with the cream cheese and a piece without cream cheese into the egg mixture
- place the slice with cream cheese into the pan first, cream cheese side up, spoon 2 tsp of the mashed berries onto the cream cheese and spread evenly, top with the next slice of bread
- cook until golden brown on both sides and keep warm in the oven
- continue with the remaining bread slices
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!