This EASY CHILI MAC SKILLET DINNER is a one-pan dinner your whole family is going to love! It’s simple to make, hearty, and healthy for those nights when you need a quick fix!
Have a hungry household, no problem, this dinner comes together in about 30 minutes. Plus the last 20 minutes you can put your feet up and relax a bit before dinner is served. Those are my favorite!!
The meal is full of protein, fiber, and deliciousness! Everyone will be asking you to make this again and again. A meal like this would be great on a cold winter night after coming in from a game, music lesson, or other such after school activity.
The macaroni cooks right in with the chili so you don’t have to dirty another pot making this the quintessential one-pot meal. Topping the chili with an already grated Mexican blend of cheese adds so much to this recipe without adding any effort from you.
My family raved over it. It has all the flavor that you would hope for in a great chili but it’s made in a flash. You will enjoy serving it as it is fast to make and you only have one pan to wash in the end. Enjoy this recipe with your family this fall and winter. Get it into the rotation so you can make it again and again.
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 tsp. fresh minced garlic
- 1 small red pepper diced
- 1-15 oz. can red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. dried cilantro
- 1 tsp. salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese grated
- In a large skillet or saute pan cook the beef until starting to brown, add in the onions, pepper and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add in the kidney beans, tomato sauce, tomatoes, macaroni, water, chili powder, cumin, cilantro, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce to simmer and cook for 20 min. Top with the cheese and cover again for 2-3 min. until melted.
Need another easy one dish meal? Try this Asian Skillet Stir Fry – all made in one pan and tastes even better than take out!!