Oreo Poke Cake is an easy dessert recipe that satisfies your sweet tooth! Chocolate cake topped with pudding, Oreos, whipped cream and chocolate syrup is always a win!
I love Oreos. I know Earth shattering revelations happening here on the blog today! I will admit that I have to limit how often they come into the house because I have no self control when it comes to Oreos. I’m not alone in this love either! I bought two packs of Oreos when I decided to make Oreo Poke Cake and only used one. The next day when I went to get one cookie there were only 3 left!!! Here are the possible explanations as to what happened to the Oreos. 1. The kids/husband ate them all. (Of course, I had nothing to do with it! ) 2. All four of us have a bad sleep walking habbit and had an Oreo eating party in the kitchen while totally asleep. (Seems plausible.) Or, 3. A band of Oreo burglars hit the neighborhood and ransacked our pantry to find the package of Oreos. (It was probably this one.)
Real Housemoms TV
I was looking in my pantry and I have a ridiculous amount of pudding and cake mixes. This is a pretty great problem to have but I’m not sure how I got here. So it looks like poke cakes are in our future! We have so many yummy poke cake recipes to pick, like Snicker’s Poke Cake or Butterfinger Cake. My future is looking pretty bright! When I was making Oreo Poke Cake I decided to put half of the crushed Oreos straight into the cake batter and bake it off. It ended up being one of my favorite parts of the poke cake. It adds a yummy texture into the cake that works really well. We planned on sharing this one with friends but I have to admit that we finished this off faster than we should have. It’s really good! I might recommend making it when you have friends coming over so you don’t polish off the entire cake yourself but if you do, know that you’re not alone! 🙂
- 15.25 ounce box chocolate cake mix plus ingredients needed to bake
- 3.9 oz. chocolate fudge instant pudding plus ingredients needed to make
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 14.4 oz. Oreos crushed divided
- chocolate syrup for drizzling
- mix chocolate cake according to package directions
- stir in half of the crushed Oreos into the mixture
- pour into a 13x9 inch baking pan and bake according to package directions
- while cake is baking make the pudding according to package directions
- once cake is cooked allow to cool for 10 minutes
- using a wooden skewer or chop stick poke wholes all over cake
- spread the chocolate pudding over the cake and spread in an even layer
- place cake in refrigerator for at least 1 hour
- using a hand or stand mixer whisk the whipping cream until soft peaks form
- sprinkle in confectioners' sugar and vanilla and continue to whisk until stiff peaks form
- carefully spread out the whipping cream over the pudding layer
- sprinkle remaining Oreos over the top of the cake and drizzle with chocolate syrup
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!