This decadent strawberry chocolate tart is a showstopper, delicious and effortless dessert for your holiday festivities!
I have to admit I’m a chocoholic! Honestly, pretty much every other recipe I make involves chocolate, one way or another. And chocolate is the star of today’s recipe as well. Decadent, rich chocolate pudding over scrumptious Oreo crust and topped with fresh strawberry slices. HEAVEN!
Real Housemoms TV
And it’s quite easy to make this tart. No oven is required. All it involves is crushing, mixing, pressing, chilling, beating, cooking, stirring, chilling, and slicing. Easy-peasy, yes? Yes. I’m glad you agree.
It does require a bit of chilling, so it’s perfect recipe to make ahead. Prepare the crust and custard a day in advance. Then arrange the tart a few hours before serving. It’s a showstopper. It’s a centerpiece of the dessert table. It’s delicious. I can go on and on about how good this tart is, but I’m sure you can see it. 🙂
- • 1 package 14oz/400gr Oreo cookies (Feel free to eat a few cookies. I sure did.)
- • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- • 2 large eggs
- • ½ cup 100gr sugar
- • ¼ cup 30gr cornstarch
- • 1 ¾ cups 420ml milk
- • 6oz 175gr bittersweet chocolate
- • 10oz 300gr strawberries hulled
- • Powdered sugar for dusting if desired
- Place the Oreo cookies in the food processor and pulse until fine crumbs. Transfer the crumbs into a medium bowl, add melted butter and mix well. Put the mixture into 9-inch tart pan and spread it evenly on the bottom and up the sides. Press all over, packing it down. Refrigerate it.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and cornstarch.
- In a medium saucepan, warm the milk and chocolate over medium heat until chocolate is melted, stirring frequently. To temper the egg mixture, put about a cup of hot chocolate milk into the egg mixture while whisking vigorously. Place the tempered egg mixture back in to the remaining milk. Cook the mixture until it thickens stirring constantly on medium low heat, about 7-8 minutes. Transfer into the clean bowl and cover with a plastic wrap, so it touches the surface of the custard. Cool completely.
- While custard is cooling, slice the strawberries. Pour the cooled custard into the Oreo crust and spread it evenly. Arrange the strawberry slices on top. Refrigerate till ready to serve. Dust some powdered sugar right before serving, if desired.
You may also like my…
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!