It is the second day of the new year, but you need to put aside any resolutions involving eating healthy and make a Butterfinger Cake. Believe me, you will be glad you tried this incredibly delicious and sweet dessert! One of my dad’s favorite candy bars are Butterfingers. As I was making the cake, my husband could not believe the ingredients that were being used. He said it looked amazing, then just laughed and said, “Well, this is not diet friendly”. Nope, definitely not diet friendly, except the Cool Whip was “light”! We sang Happy Birthday to my dad, poured big glasses of cold milk, and dug in! Butterfinger Cake was a huge success and loved by everyone! My husband does not love Butterfingers, but thought that this was the best cake he has ever had. The rest of us do love Butterfingers and I would have to agree that it was amazing and is now my new favorite dessert! The next day, I texted my neighbor and asked if they liked Butterfingers because I had a treat for them to try. The cake was a big hit at their house too. They love when I make treats and bring some over for them to try. One of their favorites is the Apple Cider Cookies with Caramel Filling and I just made them a huge platter for the holidays!
Butterfinger Cake is perfect for birthdays, parties, or a treat to enjoy any day! Invite some family or friends over and have some Butterfinger Cake!
- 1 box of yellow cake mix plus ingredients to make the yellow cake
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar of caramel sundae topping
- 8 ounces 3 cups cool whip (store bought or homemade )
- 4 regular sized Butterfingers candy bars
- Bake the yellow cake in a 9x13 pan as directed on the box
- While it is baking, mix together caramel and condensed milk
- When cake is hot out of the oven, poke holes in the cake with a fork
- Pour caramel mixture over the hot cake and let it sit until completely cooled (The cake should soak up the caramel)
- Crush up two of the Butterfingers and sprinkle them over the cake (Put the candy bars in the freezer because they crush better. Crush them in the wrappers, cut the tops off, and pour them out over the cake)
- Ice the cake with the Cool Whip
- Top with two more crushed Butterfingers
- Store in the fridge once iced
Post shared at: Chocolate, Chocolate, and More