ULTIMATE CANDY COOKIE BARS are a great treat to celebrate! They’re filled with tons of chocolate candies and they always disappear fast!
My kids are finally out of school!!! My kindergartener graduated on Wednesday and my oldest finished 4th grade on Friday! I can’t believe I have a 5th and 1st grader now. Where did my little babies go????? I wanted to celebrate with a treat that was over the top. My boys love cookies and have a major sweet tooth that they inherited from their mom, specifically chocolate! I remember the first time my oldest tasted chocolate. He was just two and he closed his eyes and let out a sigh. It was love at first taste! So to celebrate I wanted to take a chocolate cookie over the top and I added their favorite candies too! These have Kit Kats for my baby, Whoppers for my oldest and Snickers for me! We all love chocolate chips and M & M’s so those had to be there and then I added the pretzels to have a bit of salt in this super sweet storm! So the Ultimate Candy Cookie Bars were born.
I thought about making a cookie but then I went and got carried away with the add ins and didn’t think that a cookie could hold all the amazing candy. Bars are pretty awesome because they don’t require as much work as cookies. I don’t have to make batch after batch after batch. I pour, spread, bake and I’m done!!! If you look at the pictures you can see I actually under baked mine. I was thinking that I’d like them to stay softer but they were a bit too soft. Next time I’m baking them for 20 minutes. That way they’re still soft but hold their shape. Ultimate Candy Cookie Bars were a hit with the boys and my husband!! They tray was gone in two days! To be fair we did give some to our friends but we need to own up to the fact that these kids tore into the candy cookie bars!!!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate M & M's
- 1.75 oz bag of Whoppers malt balls
- 1/2 Kit Kat minis
- 1/2 cup Snickers minis
- 1/2 cup pretzel sticks broken up
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- in a stand mixer cream together butter and both granulated and brown sugars until light and fluffy
- scrape down the sides and add the eggs, one at a time
- next add the vanilla
- in a medium mixing bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt
- slowly add the dry mixture into the wet mixture until just combined
- remove bowl from the stand mixer and using a spoon or rubber spatula stir in the remaining ingredients
- line a 13x9" baking sheet with foil and then spray with cooking spray
- pour the cookie dough into the baking pan and spread into an even layer.
- place in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes
I like to try this cookie bars. Maybe you can share the ingredients to us please?
Julie @Real Housemoms says
The full, printable recipe can be found at the bottom of this post. 🙂