This ooey, gooey Caramel Peanut Butter Cup Skillet Cookie was made for sharing, but we won’t tell if you don’t!
I have to tell you all something- For the longest time I resisted buying a cast iron skillet for myself. Years and years ago when I was first married to my first husband, someone bought us a cast iron skillet as a wedding gift. To say I was a novice in the kitchen at that time in my life would be putting it mildly. I had no clue what to do with that heavy, clunky skillet! This was the glory days of the Teflon pans- when they were all the rage and were lightweight to boot. Not knowing a thing about how to cook with a cast iron skillet or how to care for it, I promptly returned it for something a little more style… or that I could at least lift with one hand.
Real Housemoms TV
Fast forward 16 years and some change later, and now I don’t know what I would do without my cast iron skillet! The thing is magical, you all. I use it for everything. From frying to chicken to baking biscuits to searing steaks. But what changed my mind about the cumbersome cast iron skillet so many years later? I could tell you that it is the amazing arm workout you get from holding and carrying it, but I would be lying to you all. The game changer for me was when I started noticing all these amazing recipes popping up from other food bloggers of giant, gooey, jaw-dropping, amazing cookies baked in a cast iron skillet! And just like that, I was sold, folks. I promptly ordered my first skillet off of Amazon and have never looked back. And one of the first recipes I tried in it? This ooey, gooey PB Cup & Caramel Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie. It is definitely big enough to share, but I will just look the other way if you decide to keep the whole thing for yourself. Promise.
Get more great recipes like this on our Real Housemoms Dessert pin board!
- 1 cup of unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 oz of your favorite peanut butter cups chopped
- 1/4 cup of your favorite jarred caramel sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Make sure your 12 inch cast iron skillet is well greased.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the butter and the white and brown sugars. Cream together until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing on low. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped peanut butter cups. Swirl in the caramel sauce- do not over mix the caramel into the cookie dough though.
- Press the cookie dough into the prepared skillet. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the edges are crisp and the cookie is golden brown.
- Let cool to warm. Serve topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a little more caramel sauce, if desired.
If you loved this recipe, you might also like my…
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!