This quick and easy Banana Bread Smoothie Bowl tastes just like freshly baked banana bread, in a cool and creamy breakfast smoothie form! Very simple to make with just a few basic pantry ingredients and perfect for busy mornings!
BANANA BREAD SMOOTHIE BOWL
Like this recipe? Pin it to your BREAKFAST pin board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Today we are talking about two simple words that, when strung together, make up one pretty incredible thing. We’re talking about smoothie bowls. I repeat: SMOOTHIE. BOWLS. Have you tried them yet?? I’ll admit I was late to the smoothie bowl party. About three years late. And all I know now is that for about three years I could have been enjoying this magical smoothie in a bowl thing and instead I was missing out. So if you’re putting it off, don’t. Kick off your smoothie bowl love affair with this banana bread version, you will not regret it.
If you’re a little confused, because you don’t really “get” what a smoothie bowl is, let me tell you that it is pretty much exactly what it sounds like, serving a smoothie in a bowl instead of a glass BUT, instead of just slurping down that creamy goodness with a straw, you’re going to use a spoon because on top of all that creamy goodness is a whole slew of your favorite toppings to go with that particular smoothie’s flavor profile. In this case, I topped my banana smoothie with toasted walnuts, dark chocolate, fresh bananas, and honey. All of the things I love about banana bread but in a quick and easy to make breakfast I can whip up in about 5 minutes. It doesn’t get better than that!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup milk or almond milk more as needed
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1to 4 tablespoons brown sugar taste
- toppings: chopped dark chocolate toasted walnuts, banana slices, honey drizzle
- Combine frozen bananas, milk, oats, peanut butter, vanilla, and brown sugar in a blender. Cover and pulse until smooth and creamy. Add a little more milk if needed to reach desired consistency.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and top with chopped dark chocolate, toasted walnuts, banana slices, and a drizzle of honey. Serve immediately.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!