I love making special breakfasts (and any meal or dessert) for big occasions! Starting 2nd grade definitely qualifies as a special reason to make Tyler one of his favorite meals to start the day! (Kylie wanted her own breakfast of sausage and eggs). I found a really yummy banana pancake recipe that I knew Tyler would love! I changed some amounts of the ingredients and they turned out delicious! Every bite had a wonderful banana flavor! Tyler loved the “2” on top for his big day in 2nd grade! Add some syrup and whipped cream. Enjoy!
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas 3-4 bananas
- Whisk together the buttermilk and eggs in a bowl until evenly blended; set aside.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate large bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the buttermilk mixture and mashed bananas, being careful not to over mix the batter (the batter will be lumpy).
- Let the batter sit for at least 1 minute before using.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
Recipe from: allrecipes.com