A refreshing blend of fresh pineapple, banana, yogurt, and just a splash of orange juice combines to make this tasty breakfast smoothie. This Pineapple Banana Smoothie is also great for an after workout treat or an anytime snack!
We really love fruit in our house, and fruit smoothies are probably our favorite way to enjoy a variety of fruit. I love to experiment with different flavors, and when I have bananas to use up, you can bet I’m going to pair them with something to make a refreshing, sweet smoothie for us to enjoy an on-the-go breakfast or anytime snack! When pineapples go on sale at the grocery, I always take that opportunity to pick a couple up. Recently the stars aligned and this Pineapple Banana Smoothie was born <smile>.
I had picked up some pineapples on sale and also just put some almost overripe bananas in the freezer, when Don said what he says every night between dinner and bedtime… “what do we have that’s sweet to eat?” No worries, hun! I got this!! It was the perfect opportunity to put those two flavors together and enjoy an icy cold, thick smoothie! The yogurt adds a touch of creaminess, and the hint of banana compliments the pineapple perfectly! It definitely satisfied his sweet tooth, and with just over 100 calories per serving, we didn’t feel guilty about enjoying this sweet treat in the evening!
- 1/2 fresh pineapple - peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 frozen banana - peeled and sliced
- 1 cup fat free french vanilla yogurt. I used Stonyfield Organic
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups ice
- Add 1/2 fresh pineapple, 1 frozen banana, 1 cup fat free french vanilla yogurt, and 1/2 cup orange juice to the pitcher of a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Add 1 1/2 cups ice and blend until smooth. Give it a taste and adjust flavors to your liking. If you prefer it thicker just add another 1/2 cup of ice or if you prefer it to be thinner add a splash of orange juice. Enjoy!
Another favorite smoothie recipe is my Strawberry Vanilla Smoothie…