Pineapple Banana Smoothie is a sweet, refreshing, tropical treat that is perfect for an on-the-go breakfast or tasty any time snack!
This Pineapple Banana Smoothie is a creamy island getaway in a glass that is so simple to make! Fresh ingredients like pineapple and banana, blended with orange juice, yogurt, and ice, make the most dreamy smoothie with no added sugar and no huge time commitment, so you can make your smoothie and go.
A Blender Full of Tropical Yum
For my family, we love making smoothies whether it’s cold outside or hot- there is nothing like a fresh fruit treat or a cooling drink that is perfect no matter what. I try to keep at least a couple of frozen, chopped bananas in the freezer just for this reason because I never know when a tropical inspiration will strike!
Also, how fun is it to bring home a whole pineapple? They always look a little scary to handle but once you start slicing into it you see how easy it is and fresh pineapple just adds a whole level of brightness to this smoothie! We love how quick Pineapple Banana Smoothies are to make and how we can make a big batch or everyone can make their own.
Other Recipes to Serve with Pineapple Banana Smoothie
- Peachy Mango Smoothie is another tropical treat that is easy to make and is an ideal smoothie any time!
- Freezer Breakfast Burritos is the perfect make ahead breakfast that you can grab and go, to have with your smoothie.
Fruit: Fresh pineapple tastes amazing in this recipe but you can also use canned or frozen. You’ll also need a banana that has been chopped and frozen.
Yogurt: You can use your favorite yogurt, either a healthy Greek yogurt or a sweet vanilla yogurt.
Juice: You’ll need orange juice to round out the tropical flavors.
Ice: Ice is needed to thicken up the smoothie and keep everything chilled.
How to Make a Pineapple Banana Smoothie
STEP ONE: In a blender, combine the pineapple, frozen banana, orange juice, and yogurt. Blend on high until the ingredients are mixed and smooth.
STEP TWO: Add ice to the blender and mix again, until the ice has been well broken and the smoothie looks creamy. Serve and enjoy!
Tips for Success
- Using fresh pineapple adds a lot of tasty freshness but you can use canned or frozen pineapple for convenience. Measure approximately two cups of pineapple to add to the smoothie.
- If your smoothie is too thick add more orange juice and if it is too thin just add more ice!
- Keep some chopped, frozen bananas in your freezer so you can make this smoothie often!
Do I have to mix this smoothie in a certain way?
Since all of the ingredients are liquid or easy to mix you can add them in any order and your blender should mix them with no problem.
Can I add toppings after the smoothie is mixed?
Make this delicious smoothie even more of a treat by adding sweet toppings like coconut, sliced strawberries, or whatever your ideal smoothie toppings are!
Can’t Get Enough of Delicious Smoothies?
- Slimming Green Smoothie
- Tropical Strawberry Smoothie
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Chocolate PB Smoothie Bowl
- 25 Smoothies to Start Your Day
*This port originally posted on 04/09/2015.
- 1 banana peeled and cut into thirds
- ½ fresh pineapple
- 1 cup fat-free french vanilla yogurt (regular or Greek)
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 ½ cups ice
- Place the banana pieces into a food storage bag and pop them into the freezer for 2-3 hours. (You can do this ahead of time with multiple bananas so you're always ready to make smoothies.)
- Peel, core, and chop the pineapple and then add the pieces to a blender. Then add the frozen banana, yogurt, and orange juice to the blender as well. Turn to puree and blend until smooth.
- Add the ice and blend once more until smooth. Give the smoothie a taste and adjust the flavors to your liking with more juice or yogurt. (see note)