Easy to make Tuscan Chicken is covered in the creamiest, cheesiest sauce made with delicious sun-dried tomatoes and fresh spinach!
Cooked in a flavorful, creamy sauce this Tuscan Chicken can be ready in just 40 minutes! Serve this tender, delicious chicken and its cheesy sauce over your favorite pasta or a scoop of homemade mashed potatoes!
NOT YOUR AVERAGE CHICKEN DISH
I am always looking for new and exciting chicken recipes to add to our rotation and this Tuscan Chicken recipe does not disappoint! Not only do I love how tender and juicy this chicken is, but this Tuscan sauce is to die for!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH TUSCAN CHICKEN
- Cream Cheese Garlic Mashed Potatoes – These flavorful potatoes are perfect to serve with Tuscan Chicken.
- Roasted Garlic Parmesan Asparagus – This asparagus recipes goes great with almost any chicken dinner.
- Cauliflower Rice – This is a great alternative to carb-heavy pasta and potatoes!
Chicken: You will need boneless skinless chicken breasts for this recipe.
Sauce: This chicken recipe uses heavy cream for the sauce base.
Add-ins: Garlic, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes make this incredible Tuscan Chicken sauce.
HOW TO MAKE TUSCAN CHICKEN
STEP ONE: Start by seasoning your chicken with salt and pepper and set it aside. Next, heat a large skillet and place 2-3 tablespoons of oil from the sun-dried tomatoes into the skillet. Place the seasoned chicken breasts in the skillet and brown each side for about 8-10 minutes. Once browned, transfer the chicken to a plate.
STEP TWO: Now in the same skillet add the garlic, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes and stir. After 5 minutes, add in 2 cups of heavy cream and allow the sauce to come to a boil.
STEP THREE: Reduce the heat to low and add in the grated parmesan cheese. The sauce will thicken as the cheese melts and incorporates.
STEP THREE: Finally, transfer the chicken breasts back into the skillet and coat them in the sauce. Let the chicken cook in the sauce for a few minutes. Serve this creamy chicken over pasta or mashed potatoes!
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- I like to add a little bit of heat to my sauce by adding some crushed red pepper flakes to the mix.
- You can easily switch this recipe up by adding extra veggies, like mushrooms or halved cherry tomatoes.
- This Tuscan sauce also goes great with shrimp!
CAN YOU FREEZE TUSCAN CHICKEN?
This chicken dish will keep in the refrigerator for up to three days. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the sauce, I do not recommend freezing this dish if you have leftovers. This creamy and cheesy sauce has a tendency to separate if frozen and the fresh spinach doesn’t always fair the best after being frozen. The best thing to do is consider cutting this recipe in half if you think you may end up with more food than you can finish.
HOW TO REHEAT TUSCAN CHICKEN
When reheating Tuscan Chicken from the fridge, warm the sauce on the stove over low heat. Bring the sauce temperature up slowly and stir it frequently to help reincorporate the parmesan and cream. Continue to reheat this dish on the stove until the chicken breasts have warmed all the way through.
OTHER EASY AND DELICIOUS CHICKEN RECIPES
- Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Chicken
- Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables
- Creamy Chipotle Chicken
- Bacon Ranch Chicken
- Honey Butter Chicken
- Chicken Marsala
- Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add 2-3 tablespoons of oil from the sun-dried tomato jar to the skillet.
- On the oil is hot, cook the chicken for 8-10 minutes per side until cooked through to 165 degrees F and browned. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
- To the same skillet, add garlic, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes. Stir together and cook for 5 minutes until the spinach is wilted.
- Pour in the heavy cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add the Parmesan cheese. Stir into the sauce and simmer until it has thickened.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and spoon the sauce over it a few times until the chicken is heated. Serve warm.