Treat yourself anytime with a refreshing taste of summer in a simple layered dessert of Strawberry Cheesecake Lasagna!
Whether it is warm outside or cold, we all crave a scrumptiously light, berry-filled dessert from time to time and Strawberry Cheesecake Lasagna is hands down one of the best. The simple ingredients of cream cheese, powdered sugar, and whipped topping sandwiched between graham crackers and strawberries make for a simple to assemble treat!
So Many Layers to Love
I’m kind of a sucker for graham crackers. They’re so nostalgic and just as yummy as when I was a kid. They also make the perfect base layers for this cake. The sweetened cream cheese holds the layers together and the strawberries are the star of the show. You get all of the decadent cheesecake flavors without all of the hours a cheesecake needs. There are really not many other perfectly easy, wonderfully delicious desserts in the world so for us, this Strawberry Cheesecake Lasagna is the bee’s knees!
Other Recipes to Serve with Strawberry Cheesecake Lasagna
- No Bake Strawberry Cake is another quick treat using pound cake and more amazing strawberry flavors!
- Strawberry Jello Cake is strawberry jello joy in a poke cake- fast and fun to make!
Pantry Items: You’ll need two sleeves of graham crackers, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and your favorite strawberry jam.
Refrigerator Items: Three bricks of cream cheese are needed for this recipe, so set them out ahead of time to soften. You also need whipped topping.
How to Make Strawberry Cheesecake Lasagna
STEP ONE: In a large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract together until everything is fluffy. With a spatula, fold in 3 cups of the whipped topping.
STEP TWO: Using a 9×13 inch baking dish, cover the bottom of the cake pan with sheets of graham crackers, topped with half of the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle the sliced strawberries over the cream cheese and then top with another layer of graham crackers.
STEP THREE: Stir in the strawberry jam to the remaining cream cheese mixture and once mixed, spread it over the graham crackers. Top with the rest of the whipped topping.
STEP FOUR: Crumble and sprinkle the remaining graham crackers, followed by the strawberries, over the top of the cake. Chill for 4 hours in the refrigerator then enjoy!
Tips for Success
- Remember to set your cream cheese out to soften ahead of time so that it is easier to stir and mix.
- Slice your strawberries so that they are flat and not cubed so that the layers lay flat and the flavors can meld between the layers.
Do I have to use strawberries?
You can use your favorite fruit in the recipe, just be mindful that the fruit isn’t too bulky, which breaks up the layers and doesn’t allow the cake to lay flat.
What if my strawberries aren’t very sweet?
If you’d like your strawberries a little sweeter for this recipe, slice your strawberries and put them in a bowl. Add about a teaspoon of sugar, depending on how tart your berries are, you can add more sugar if needed, and stir carefully. Let the berries sit for about 10 minutes and then do a taste test. If they are sweet enough, carefully drain them and if not, add a little more sugar and check them again a few minutes later. Remember to drain your berries before you add them so your cake doesn’t end up with too much liquid.
More Easy Breezy Berry Bliss
- Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs
- Mini Raspberry Mousse Cakes
- Triple Berry Red Wine Slushies
- Lemon Blueberry Icebox Cake
- Strawberries and Cream Swiss Roll
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in 3 cups of Cool Whip whipped topping.
- Spread out some of the graham crackers in the bottom of a 9-inch x 13-inch baking dish in a single layer. Then spread half of the cheesecake mixture over the crackers in an even layer, and then top with half of the strawberries. Top with another layer of graham crackers.
- Add the strawberry jam to the remaining cheesecake mixture and stir until combined. Spread the strawberry cheesecake mixture over the graham crackers.
- Top the lasagna with the remaining cup of Cool Whip. Then sprinkle with crumbled graham crackers are the remaining strawberries.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours before cutting into 12 slices and serving.