This Strawberry and Lime Freezer Jam takes strawberry jam to a whole new level with the addition of lime zest! Now you can enjoy the flavors of summer year round!
I’ve been wanting to make jam or jelly for so long but I don’t quite have my courage up. Something about all the boiling and disinfecting and so on that has me intimidated. I WILL conquer my fear though and this Easy Strawberry and Lime Freezer Jam is just the way for me to get my toes wet and enjoy super yummy homemade jam. I wanted to make strawberry jam but then I started thinking (or dreaming) about a strawberry and lime drink by the pool. It just screams summer and this jam was my way to taste summer all year so I knew I HAD to make this Easy Strawberry and Lime Freezer Jam!!!
First, there is a lot of sugar. So, so much. I had to think about the fact that I’m not eating an entire batch at once or even a jar. One serving is 1 tablespoon and keep in mind that jams and jelly are not a low calorie food. I believe in moderation and this jam will last for months! It is delicious on a fresh scone or on top of ice cream! Make it soon and enjoy summer strawberries all year round!
- 2 cups strawberries smashed
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 to 2 tsp lime zest
- 1.75 oz. pectin
- ¾ cup water
- combine the sugar, smashed strawberries and lime zest in a bowl and allow to sit for 10 minutes
- whisk together water and pectin in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly
- allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes and then pour into the strawberry mixture
- stir and allow to sit for a minute or two
- pour into 8 oz freezer safe jars, leaving about 1/2 an inch at the top
- allow the jars to sit on the counter for 24 hours and then store in the freezer
- allow to thaw in the refrigerator when ready to use