SHRIMP AND ASPARAGUS PASTA is a decadent bowl of cheesy goodness that’s a one pot pasta you could be eating in a little more than 30 minutes!!
This recipe is basically mac and cheese all dressed up for the big kids. Shrimp and asparagus go so well together and the brie cheese sauce will make you swoon with excitement just thinking about it, but it’s not all about the taste! I love the textures in this recipe! The creamy sauce contrasts perfectly with the slight crunch of the asparagus and shrimp, satisfying your sensory side, while at the same time coating your palate deliciously.
To make this recipe, you’ll first want to cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and keep warm until ready to use. Using the same pot where you cooked the pasta, melt 2 tablespoons butter over mid-high heat and saute 1/2 tablespoon of freshly minced garlic with about a 1/2 cup finely diced shallot for about a minute until the vegetables soften. Add the asparagus pieces and a pinch of salt and saute until the asparagus starts to soften. This will be about 2 minutes. The asparagus should still have a bit of a crunch to it. Remove the vegetables from the pot and set aside.
Real Housemoms TV
In the same pot, prepare the Bechamel Sauce as directed in the recipe tutorial on Life Tastes Good.
Once the Bechamel is ready, remove it from the heat and add in 7 ounces of diced Brie cheese.
Stir until the brie is melted and the cheese sauce is velvety smooth. Give it a taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking.
Toss the pasta with the brie cheese sauce. Mix in the sauteed vegetables and shrimp and heat through over mid-low heat.
Sprinkle on some fresh Parmesan cheese and some freshly cracked black pepper. Give it a taste. If you like a little heat, add a touch of red pepper flakes. I recommend about 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes. Give it a taste and add a little bit at a time until you have the heat the way you like it. Be careful! You only need a little bit of pepper flakes!
- 12 ounces Casarecce pasta or another pasta that holds sauce well such as small shells
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced garlic divided
- 1 shallot finely diced about 1/4 to 1/2 cup
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus trimmed and cut into 1" pieces
- sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste
- Bechamel Sauce click for recipe/tutorial
- 7 ounces Brie Cheese diced (remove the rind first)
- 1 lb shrimp cooked, peeled, & deveined
- Parmesan Cheese garnish
- Freshly chopped parsley garnish
- Crushed red pepper flakes garnish
- In a large pot, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat and saute 1/2 tablespoon of freshly minced garlic with 1/4 to 1/2 cup of finely diced shallot for about a minute until the vegetables begin to soften. Add the asparagus pieces and a pinch of sea salt and saute until the asparagus starts to soften - about 2 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the pot and set aside. The asparagus should still have some crunch to it when you remove it from the pan.
- In the same pot, prepare the Bechamel Sauce as outlined in the tutorial here. As soon as the Bechamel is thickened, remove it from the heat and add in the diced Brie Cheese. Stir until the brie is melted and the cheese sauce is velvety smooth. Give it a taste and add salt and pepper as needed. TIP: Be sure you remove the rind from the brie before adding it to the Bechamel. The rind won't melt nicely, so it's best to remove it and then dice the cheese. If you put the cheese in the freezer for about 30 minutes it will harden up and the rind will be easier to remove.
- Toss the pasta with the brie cheese sauce. Mix in the sauteed vegetables and shrimp and heat through over mid-low heat. Garnish with fresh Parmesan cheese and parsley if you like. For a little extra kick, sprinkle on some crushed red pepper flakes. Enjoy!
Don’t miss my easy Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!