This Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken is such an easy and fast dinner, and absolutely delicious!!
There is not a whole lot that beats a fast dinner. One of those things: A fast AMAZING dinner! There are about 982 things that you can do with chicken, and now I’m giving you another one – jalapeno and bacon!
This Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Chicken takes some of the best flavors, bacon, cream cheese, and stuffs them into chicken! You start with cooking some bacon in a cast iron pan, mixing that bacon up with cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, pickled jalapeños (pretty much the greatest thing since sliced bread), and just a little bit of garlic salt.
Then you butterfly two large chicken breasts (or four small ones), and then you STUFF it with the awesomeness that you just mixed together. You sear it in the bacon fat (are you drooling yet??) and then you top it with more cheese, bacon, and jalapeños and pop it in the oven to finish it off.
You guuuuuuuuuys! It’s so insanely good!
- 2 large chicken breasts or 4 small
- 6 slices of bacon diced and cooked
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeños diced
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella divided
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook the bacon in a heavy bottomed cast iron skillet (or an oven proof pan), until it crisps. Remove from the pan and transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Mix together the cream cheese, 3/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, 3/4 of the diced jalapeños, and 3/4 of the cooked bacon.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half to butterfly them open. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Divide the filling between the two chicken breasts and then secure them closed with tooth picks.
- Remove all but about 1 TBSP of bacon fat from the pan and put the pan over medium high heat. Cook the chicken for about three minutes on each side, then top with the remaining cheese, bacon, and jalapeños. Place the pan in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the thickest part of the chicken (usually the opposite side of the opening with the filling) reads 165 degrees.
- Serve immediately.
Another fast dinner you’ll love:
Another Jalapeño Popper recipe you’ll love:
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!