Edamame Quinoa Salad is incredibly delicious and super healthy! After making the Cheesy Quinoa Bites, I am loving quinoa and have so many great plans for this versatile ingredient. My family, especially my daughter and I, loves edamame, corn, and red peppers, so combining them in this salad was a perfect choice. My daughter Kylie and I ate it for lunch, but it would also be an amazing side dish. My husband had a bowl of it when he got home from work and he really enjoyed it! As I searched Pinterest for some healthy quinoa options, I came across this amazing recipe at Eating Well Living Thin and it will be made many times for my family!
I love my Tuesdays with Kylie and the time we get to spend together before going to her dance class. We fill the day with crafts, painting nails, telling stories, reading books, talking, laughing, and eating lunch. As she was sitting on my lap yesterday and talking, I listened to her sweet little voice, contagious laugh, and hilarious story. Then I just broke down in tears. She looked at me with her big beautiful blue eyes, an angelic expression, and asked, “Mommy, why are you crying”, as she wiped tears off my cheeks. My little girl is growing up way too fast and it occurred to me that these amazing days of just us are soon going to be over. She will be going to kindergarten next year and I will miss these times so much. I cherish every wonderful moment with my children and I am looking forward to spending every day with them this summer.
Kylie’s favorite foods are green and healthy, and she has loved edamame since a very young age, so I am glad I made this for us to enjoy! I have some of the salad left and am looking forward to having more for lunch today! Edamame Quinoa Salad is fresh, colorful, nutritious, full of amazing flavors, and extremely filling.
Real Housemoms TV
- 16 oz frozen shelled, edamame
- 1 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cup cooked cooled quinoa
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 red sweet bell pepper diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash cayenne
- Briefly boil the edamame and the corn, just until tender
- Drain very well and cool completely
- In a large bowl combine the edamame, corn, quinoa, green onion, red pepper, and cilantro
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, lime juice, salt, chili powder, black pepper, thyme and cayenne until well combined
- Drizzle over the salad and toss to coat
- Cover and chill for at least two hours