I have another Paleo recipe to share with you all! What’s Paleo you ask? Basically, it’s eating like your paleolithic ancestors would have. No grains or refined sugars and a concentration on meats, vegetables and fruit. I haven’t restricted my diet completely but my husband is doing pretty good. I like the idea of my family not eating processed foods and eating more of a clean diet. I’ll be honest though, as idealistic as I get, if the food isn’t yummy or easy to make, it won’t get a stamp of approval from my family. This recipe is inspired by the new cookbook I got, Everyday Paleo Family Cookbook. I am not paid to review this cookbook but I do like the recipes in this book.
We were running close to dinner and didn’t have anything planned for dinner. I flipped through the book and found this recipe, Pear and Ground Pork-Stuffed Winter Squash. I didn’t have any squash on hand so we decided to make the stuffing from this recipe and eat it as a lettuce wrap, we also made it with Italian sausage. It was fantastic!!! So yummy and I really like the contrast of the ground sausage against the crisp lettuce. Mmmmmmmm. This recipe was even fantastic the next day! It would be a great recipe to double and freeze half for a fast dinner on a busy night. Give this a shot and let us know what you think!
- 2 T coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 lb. ground Italian sausage
- 2 carrots diced
- salt and pepper to taste about !/2 t each
- 2 T parsley chopped
- 2 T fresh sage chopped
- 1 T thyme chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 pears cored and diced
- 1/4 chopped almonds
- your favorite lettuce for wraps
- in a large skillet, saute onions in the coconut or olive oil
- add the ground sausage, carrots and salt and pepper
- cook until sausage is no longer pink
- add parsley, sage and thyme, allow to cook 4-5 minutes
- add the garlic, pears, and almonds and allow to cook until warm
- Serve with lettuce to wrap filling in
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!