Cheesy, melty, and snackable Cheeseburger Sliders are a total crowd pleaser and perfect for game days and get-togethers!
Tasty and addicting Cheeseburger Sliders are the perfect appetizer for entertaining friends and family! This baked slider recipe takes classic cheeseburger flavor to a whole new level with layers of seasoned beef, melty cheese, and crunchy pickles.
TOO GOOD TO EAT JUST ONE
These baked cheeseburger sliders are so easy to make and so tasty you can’t eat just one! If you’re feeding a crowd, feel free to double this recipe and experiment with all the burger toppings your fridge has to offer!
OTHER RECIPES TO SERVE WITH CHEESEBURGER SLIDERS
- Crispy Air Fryer Blooming Onion – Keep your appetizer game strong with this fan favorite Blooming Onion!
- Mexican Chicken Empanadas – Add a little spice to your table with these delicious empanadas.
- Air Fryer Green Bean Fries – Satisfying and crunch green bean fries are a great snack to accompany your sliders!
Buns: I like to find a package of a dozen attached rolls so I can easily half it into a top and bottom piece. For this recipe I use dinner rolls, but Hawaiian rolls work great too!
Beef: You will need one pound of ground beef which you will season with salt and pepper. You can choose whichever fat content you prefer.
Cheese: These sliders are stuffed with two layers of sliced American or cheddar cheese. There is also a layer of grated mozzarella cheese because you can never have enough cheese!
Burger Fixins: These simple Cheeseburger Sliders are sauced with mustard and ketchup and filled with a layer of crunchy pickles. They’re topped off with melted butter and sesame seeds
HOW TO MAKE CHEESEBURGER SLIDERS
STEP ONE: Start by preheating the oven to 360 degrees F and lining a sheet pan with parchment paper. Next, place a large skillet on the stove over medium-high heat and add the pound of ground beef. Sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the beef, breaking it up as it cooks, until it is done, and drain any excess fat from the skillet.
STEP TWO: Split the package of dinner rolls in half and place the bottom half on the baking sheet. Layer half of the sliced cheese on top of the rolls. Next, evenly distribute the cooked ground beef over the cheese and spread out the pickle chips evenly over the beef. Top off the beef and pickles with the remaining slices of cheese and then finish off with shredded mozzarella cheese over that.
STEP THREE: To finish these Cheeseburger Sliders, spread the mustard and ketchup on the cut side of the roll tops, and place them cut-side down over the burgers. Brush the top of the sliders with melted butter. and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
STEP FOUR: Bake the sliders for 15 minutes. Cheeseburger Sliders are finished when the cheese is bubbly and the rolls are golden brown.
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Be sure to fully drain all excess fat from the beef before placing it onto the sliders so keep the buns from getting soggy.
- You can use whatever type of cheeses you would like, but the meltier the cheese the better the slider!
- Just add bacon for an epic bacon cheeseburger slider! I like to add grilled onions too.
CAN I PREP CHEESEBURGER SLIDERS AHEAD OF TIME?
Prepping mini cheeseburger sliders ahead of time is a great way to save time and free yourself up to enjoy the game with the rest of your family! These sliders can be assembled, covered, and kept in the fridge up to a day in advance. When you’re ready to bake and serve them just pop them in the oven as normal, though you may need to add a few minutes to the cooking time.
CAN I FREEZE LEFTOVER CHEESEBURGER SLIDERS
You can freeze leftover Cheeseburger Sliders! I prefer to wrap my sliders individually so they are easier to portion out and reheat later, but you don’t have to. Also, if I know in advance that I will be freezing these sliders, I leave out the mustard and ketchup so that buns don’t get soggy when I reheat them. To reheat I simply place mine back on the baking sheet and cover them with foil. I place them in the oven at 360 degrees F for 10-12 minutes. If your sliders are still connected you may want to cook them slightly longer to make sure they’re evenly reheated.
OTHER DELICIOUS SLIDER RECIPES
- Baked Jalapeno Popper Chicken Sliders
- Spinach Artichoke Dip Sliders
- Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders
- Chicken Enchilada Sliders
- Baked Reuben Sliders
- Baked Club Sliders
- Preheat your oven to 360 degrees F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the ground beef. Sprinkle with salt & pepper to season. Cook the beef until browned and cooked through, breaking it up as the beef cooks. Drain any excess grease from the skillet. Set aside.
- Split the dinner rolls in half. Place the bottom half of the rolls on the baking sheet and place half of the sliced cheese on the buns in a single layer.
- Spread the ground beef out over the cheese slices. Top the beef with pickle chips and then layer the remaining cheese slices over the pickles and top with the shredded mozzarella.
- Spread the mustard and ketchup on the cut-side of the top half of the rolls. Then place the sauced side of the rolls onto the sliders. Brush the top with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the bread is golden brown. Remove from the oven and cut into individual sliders. Serve warm.