Whether you are hoping to impress company or simply need a way to use up extra ricotta, this easy Ricotta Parmesan Garlic Bread will become a new favorite of everyone and for all occasions!
RICOTTA PARMESAN GARLIC BREAD
Love it? Pin it to your SIDE DISH board to SAVE it!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest for more great recipes!
Spaghetti, lasagna, baked ziti, etc. – almost every Italian dish imaginable is better with a big hearty slice of garlic bread. They simply go together like peanut butter and jelly. In fact, I can’t remember a plate of spaghetti in my childhood that didn’t get helped along by a buttery slice of garlic bread bliss.
While there are several varieties of garlic bread, the most common include French bread, butter, garlic and many include Parmesan as well. But the secret to the best garlic bread – more butter. It seeps into the bread for a moist, flavor enriched bread. With this in mind, I wanted to create a play on garlic bread that was more moist and more flavorful but instead of butter, we are going to use ricotta!
Ricotta is a fresh, soft, Italian cheese with a small curd and a light, mild, slightly sweet flavor. In the United States, it is most commonly known as an ingredient in lasagna. In fact, it was after I had made lasagna and I had leftover ricotta cheese that I came up with this delectable Ricotta Parmesan Garlic Bread idea. The ricotta lends itself perfectly to mixing with a little mayonnaise, butter, Parmesan, garlic powder, dried oregano, dried basil and dried parsley.
Once you mix these ingredients together, you slather it all over your French bread and bake for 10 minutes. You then sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese and bake until melted golden perfection.
And then you eat in sheer awe of your buttery, cheesy, herb infused Ricotta Parmesan Garlic Bread.
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup REAL mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup.
- Slice French bread in half, across the equator.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients EXCEPT the Parmesan cheese until smooth. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Evenly spread Ricotta mixture over both pieces of French Bread. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove bread from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Without moving oven rack, broil bread for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden (watch closely so it doesn’t burn!). Garnish with fresh parsley and basil (optional).
You might also like:
One Skillet Cheesy Penne Pasta
Excellent recipe. I used a air fryer for this and it came out perfect, same temp same times. Ty
DJ Harstad says
I’m giving this a 5 star review, although I changed the seasonings, so didn’t follow the recipe exactly. I’m sure it’s just as good with the seasonings listed, but I happened to have Everything Bagel Seasoning that I wasn’t really using, so I used 2 tsp. of it in place of the ones called for. Among the 5 adults who ate it, all were fans. I’m sharing it with my sister-in-law to spread on her homemade sourdough bread.
On the ricotta Parmesan garlic bread recipe, is the 12 teaspoon of dried basil a misprint? Every thing else is 1/2 teaspoon! Seems like a lot of basil.