There is restaurant in Arizona called Over Easy that we absolutely love! When we saw it featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives on the Food Network, we immediately wanted to try it! We have been there several times for a nice weekend breakfast and their food is incredible. We are hooked and we always share their Waffle Dogs, which are sausage links dipped in waffle batter, and cooked until golden brown! We dip them in maple syrup and my husband and I also use a little hot sauce. They are fabulous, so I wanted to surprise my husband and make something similar at home. I was so excited when I came across Pancake Sausage Bites at The Hungry Housewife. Last night, we had breakfast for dinner and the Pancake Sausage Bites tasted pretty darn close to the ones at Over Easy. They were a huge hit and after one bite, my daughter said, “Mommy, these are delicious. You need to make them again!” Everyone really enjoyed these tasty little bites combining two outstanding flavors! Pancake Sausage Bites would make a perfect weekend breakfast and your family will love them!
- canola oil for frying
- 8 ct Jimmy Dean Original Sausage Patties
- 1/2 cups Log Cabin original maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Place about 2″ oil in a sauce pan and heat
- Place the sausage patties in a medium bowl
- Break them up so they are no longer formed
- Form into small balls (I made 18)
- Place the sausage balls in a large skillet over medium heat and cook for about 15 minutes, turning often
- Remove and drain on a plate lined with paper towels
- In a medium bowl, mix together the bisquick ,sugar and cinnamon
- Whisk in the vanilla, egg and milk until smooth
- Pick up each cooked sausage ball with a toothpick and dip into the batter, completely covering the sausage with batter
- Carefully lower them into the oil and fry for about 1- 1½ minutes or until golden brown
- Remove and drain on a paper towel lined plate
Maple Dipping Sauce
- Pour the maple syrup into a small bowl and add the butter
- Microwave for about 45 seconds
- Remove and stir to incorporate the syrup and butter
- Add the heavy whipping cream and stir
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!