These BIRTHDAY CAKE WAFFLES are a fun way to kick off a day of celebration for that special someone! Made with cake mix, these waffles are an easy and sweet breakfast everyone will love!
Our family has so many birthdays in the summer, we have four all within 10 days of each other, needless to say, I crank out quite a few birthday inspired treats. Sometimes we get a little crazy with the flavors and sometimes we stick to the basics like funfetti.
And sometimes we take the basics and turn them into something completely different, like waffles. Because honestly, it’s the perfect excuse to eat cake for breakfast, and when it’s your birthday, wouldn’t you want someone to make these for you? I promise you, you do, so just send them the link to this recipe and hope they get the hint. Then send them a link to a new car that you want too, the waffles will be even more likely to happen then 😉
I don’t know why it is, but lately, I’ve turned into a waffle ADDICT. I used to be all about the pancakes, but right now it’s all about those beautiful wells just waiting for me to fill them up with sweet, gooey maple syrup…
These Birthday Cake Waffles are no exception, I want them all and I want them every day, even if it’s not my birthday, it’s someone’s birthday, right? After adding whipped cream to the top with even more sprinkles, you’re going to be in heaven. These taste amazing with a simple sugar glaze as well and as a New Englander, I’m a firm believer that maple syrup is good on everything, even birthday cake waffles!
- 1 box Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- Perfect Homemade Whipped Cream
- Rainbow Sprinkles
- Mix cake ingredients in a large bowl.
- Preheat waffle iron according to its normal settings.
- Spray both sides of waffle iron with cooking spray. Pour batter onto waffle iron and cook as indicated by your waffle iron instructions, usually, once it stops steaming or 3 to 4 minutes. I used an 8-inch Belgian waffle iron and used 1 cup of batter per waffle; this will vary based on the size of your waffle iron.
- Transfer waffles to plate and cook off the rest of the batter.
- Top cooked waffles with whipped cream and sprinkles.
You might also enjoy: