German Chocolate Brownie Bites are craveable brownie bites that taste just like German chocolate cake!
I had my first German chocolate cake when was about eight years old. It was my sister’s birthday and she requested a German chocolate cake. I was a little thrown off by the caramel/coconut mixture, but hey it was cake therefore I was willing to give it a try. I probably had two large slices of cake that night! It was so good! My sister requested German chocolate cake for years after that. Then she switched to carrot and I could never embrace that.
I love make two-bite food. You get to eat more but feel like you are eating less. Mini cupcakes and candies are fun two bite foods! And so are these brownies! The brownies are cakey and fudgy all at the same time. The German chocolate center features coconut and pecans in a perfect, caramel colored mixture that is sweet and crunchy!
I baked these brownies in mini muffin tins. I let them cool for a few minutes after they came out of the oven. I found the easiest way to make the indentation is by using the back of a melon baller. Your thumb would work nicely too! You don’t want to go all the way through, but you want it deep enough to hold your filling. Speaking of filling, it doesn’t take long to prepare. You do want to keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t burn. Once the caramel begins to thicken, remove it from the heat and stir in your coconut and pecans. You’ll want to fill each brownie with about a teaspoon of filling. That is all that is needed to assemble these tasty little bites!
Get more great recipes like this on our Real Housemoms Desserts pin board!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 oz evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Pre heat oven to 350. Spray two mini muffin tins with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine butter and sugar. Microwave on high until butter has melted. Stir to combine. Stir in cocoa, salt, baking powder and vanilla. Whisk in the eggs one at a time until smooth. Stir in flour just until combined. Spoon brownie batter by tablespoon into each mini muffin tin cavity. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until tops are set. Allow brownies to sit in pan until they are cool enough to touch. Using the back of a melon baller, teaspoon or your thumb, make an indentation into each brownie. Prepare filling.
- To prepare the filling: combine egg yolk, milk and brown sugar in a saucepan. Add butter in chunks and cook over medium heat stirring constantly until thick, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla, salt, coconut, pecans. Carefully place a teaspoon full of the filing into the center of each brownie.