Satisfy your brownie craving in minutes with this fudgy and delicious single-serving Brownie in a Mug! So chocolatey and even better topped with ice cream and raspberries!
No need to make a whole pan of brownies, this Brownie in a Mug makes a single serving brownie in your microwave in minutes! This easy mug brownie is a dessert classic right up there with red velvet cake in my house. While this microwave mug brownie makes a big enough brownie for two, you’re under no obligation to share. Grab a spoon and dig in!
BROWNIE IN A MUG
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Oh, hi. I’m just over here eating my fourth Brownie in a Mug this week. Yes, this week. Don’t judge. I’m super late to the brownie mug cake craze, and I’m trying to make up for lost time.
I absolutely love small batch desserts, these Small Batch Vanilla Cupcakes are one of my most popular recipes! I often crave something sweet, yet I don’t want to make a recipe that yields dozens of servings (read: little-to-no self-control over here).
For those times that I need something rich, fudgy, and comforting IMMEDIATELY – I turn to this Brownie in a Mug recipe. It is unbelievably easy, and it has me diving into a warm brownie in a matter of minutes. Seriously, LESS THAN 5 MINUTES. Gah!
It took me a while to get this recipe exactly the way I wanted it. There are a lot of microwave mug brownie recipes floating around the internet, but none of them had everything I wanted. I wanted my brownie to be fudgy, tender, super chocolaty, and it had to be prepared in the actual mug. I did not want to dirty a bunch of dishes to make a mug brownie. I’m happy to report success! Here’s what I came up with…
How to make a brownie in a mug
- Start by mixing the dry ingredients in your mug – flour, sugar, cocoa, salt.
- Add the chocolate chips – these make our brownie fudgy!
- Stir in the wet ingredients – oil, vanilla, and milk.
- Sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top (because, why not?!)
- Microwave it for about 90 seconds.
- Top it with your favorite garnishes: ice cream, whipped cream, powdered sugar, berries.
- Devour that beautiful thing!
Although this recipe makes one brownie in a mug, I would say that is definitely enough to serve two adults. It is very rich and satisfying, and a little goes a long way. Plus, if you’re like my family, we are definitely topping our brownie with vanilla ice cream, so that stretches it even further.
When baking small-batch or single serving recipes, it is important to measure your ingredients properly. I will also note that the texture of this brownie is just a teensy bit off from the typical fudgy brownie texture I love. But, seeing as how this is a single serving, made in one mug, in less than 5 minutes, I am not going to complain. This recipe will definitely satisfy a brownie craving.
Tips to make this easy mug brownie
- A standard size mug is fine. I have made this in a 12-ounce mug and a 16-ounce mug too.
- Don’t over mix your ingredients, which can lead to a tough brownie.
- Don’t overcook it. Microwaves vary, so start by cooking it 1 minute, and then an additional 15-30 seconds as necessary.
- Do not skip the chocolate chips.
- Looking for a fun twist? Try one of these: Add a dollop of raspberry jam to the brownie batter. Stir in some chopped peanut butter cups. Add a tablespoon of chopped walnuts. Drizzle the top with caramel sauce.
Now, what are you waiting for? You are a mere 5 minutes from diving into a warm brownie.
Ready for more brownie recipes?
- Pecan Pie Brownies
- Mexican Brownies
- Chewy Brownie Bites
- Birthday Brownies
- Frosted Peanut Butter Brownies
- More dessert recipes…
Tools used to make this Brownie in a Mug recipe
12-ounce Mugs: These classic white mugs are great for single-serving desserts or putting together an inviting coffee bar to state your day!
Small Whisk: This is my favorite set of whisks. There’s a size for every job and the thicker handles give me a good grip.
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips plus more for topping
- 1 ½ tablespoons vegetable oil (melted coconut oil or melted butter)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cream
- Whipped cream
- Powdered sugar
- Raspberries or strawberries
- Place sugar, flour, cocoa powder and salt in a mug (I use a 12-ounce mug). Use a small whisk or fork, and stir until combined, and free of lumps. Stir in chocolate chips. Add oil, milk, and vanilla, stir with a spoon or small rubber spatula until just combined (try not to over mix it). Sprinkle a few additional chocolate chips over the top.
- Cook in the microwave for about 90 seconds (microwave times may vary). Eat immediately with ice cream, whipped cream, powdered sugar, or berries.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!