Who says you have to eat cake on your birthday? These Birthday Brownies are super fudgy, topped with fluffy frosting and full of festive sprinkles!
There are those people that are just not cake fans. I’m not one of those people. But, I know they are out there walking amongst us. What do you do for those folks on their birthday? Well, you make them a batch of these Birthday Brownies From Scratch!
What should you do if your person doesn’t like cake or brownies? Sorry no help here. That is just crazy talk!
Real Housemoms TV
Back to the task at hand. Brownies! Birthday Brownies to be exact.
These brownies are soft, fudgy and easy to make. The frosting is light and fluffy thanks to a mixture of butter and shortening. Don’t forget the SPRINKLES! Everyone needs sprinkles on their birthday.
Chocolate, Frosting and Sprinkles. I’d say that is a pretty good start to any birthday. Or any day for that matter.
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Butter - softened
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Shortening
- 2½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons Heavy Cream to desired consistency
- 1/2 Cup Rainbow Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix together dry ingredients - cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, mix sugar and melted butter.
Add vanilla extract and eggs. Mix.
- Slowly add dry ingredients while mixing.
Batter will be thick.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with foil, press foil down firmly into the dish. Spray with non-stick.
- Pour batter into prepared dish and spread evenly.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes. (until a toothpick can be inserted a removed clean)
- Allow brownies to cool before frosting.
- Once cooled, spread frosting evenly over the top.
Remove the foil and brownies from baking dish.
Carefully peel foil away from brownies.
Slice into 9 pieces (or more).
- Mix butter and shortening.
Gradually add in powdered sugar and heavy cream.
Mix for 3-4 minutes, or until light and fluffy (stop to scrape sides as needed).
- Gently fold in rainbow sprinkles.
More For The Brownie Fans…
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!