Apple Cinnamon Snack Mix puts a sweet, scrumptious spin on traditional Chex Mix that’s so easy to make and OH SO addicting!
Some snacks are decadent and delicious. Some are wholesome and homemade. Apple Cinnamon Snack Mix combines both! This super simple recipe blends Cinnamon Chex and pretzels with white chocolate, apple chips, and almonds for a fast, filling snack destined to be a family favorite!
5 Ingredients + 5 Minutes = 10 Servings!
Apple Cinnamon Snack Mix is the ultimate snack for so many reasons! It’s sweet. It’s crunchy. It’s loaded with fiber and nutrients. And since this recipe doesn’t require butter or baking, it’s healthy and easy to make. Mostly though…it’s just yummy!
This 5-ingredient trail mix perfectly balances Happy Mom & Happy Kids – nutritious AND sweet! Plus, this recipe makes ten full-cup servings lasting several days. So, when you need a grab & go snack to feel good about, this is the best trail mix recipe out there!
Other Healthy Snacks like Apple Cinnamon Snack Mix
Kids always seem to be hungry, am I right? But we don’t want to offer them empty calories – we want to fill them up with foods loaded with nutrient goodness.
- Peanut Butter Banana Roll Ups are healthy but delicious enough to be dessert!
- This Granola Recipe is fantastic over fruit or yogurt or as a healthy topping for ice cream.
Crunchy: Cinnamon Chex, mini pretzels, cinnamon almonds
Chewy: White chocolate chips, apple chips
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Chex Mix
STEP ONE: In a large bowl, add the cereal, apple chips (quartered), pretzels, and almonds. Gently mix everything with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon.
STEP TWO: Add in white chocolate chips and stir one more until combined.
STEP THREE: Serve in a big bowl like popcorn, in individual ramekins, or even decorated paper lunch bags!
Tips for Success
- The cinnamon almonds could be switched out for plain or candied pecans.
- Make a gluten-free version of this recipe by swapping the mini-pretzels for a gluten-free brand.
- Divide this recipe into ten snack-size baggies for easy grab-and-go car snacks.
Is Trail Mix Really Healthy?
That depends – it’s all about the ingredients. This “homemade” Apple Cinnamon Trail Mix recipe contains nuts, whole grains, and fruit without added fats or sugar, so it’s a great healthy snack choice! Beware of bought trail mixes high in trans-fats or loaded with salt and high fructose corn syrup.
What are the Best Ingredients for Making Trail Mix?
The best trail mix recipes should include 2 or 3 crunchy ingredients and 1 or 2 chewy ones. There should also be a good balance of salty and sweet (or even spicy!) Nuts offer healthy fats and a good crunch. Whole-grain cereals and small chips/crackers provide fiber. Dried fruits give a sweet, chewy balance. Sweets like M&Ms, chocolate chips, etc., can be added in small amounts.
Other Great Snack Recipes
- Cranberry Cinnamon Snack Mix
- Honey Sriracha Chex Mix
- Honey Roasted Chickpeas
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips
- Raw Veggie Tarts
- Watermelon Fruit Salsa
- Fruit Salsa
- Add the cinnamon Chex, apple chips, pretzels, and cinnamon almonds to a large bowl. Gently stir together until well mixed.
- Add the white chocolate chips and give one more stir. Store in an airtight container or serve immediately.