Sometimes you just crave peanut butter and jelly. I don’t eat it often but boy is it good when I do. When I’m making one for myself I usually slather the peanut butter about an inch thick and then the jelly has to be slathered on. When I eat the sandwich the jelly is usually dripping off! I look like a little kid that’s made their very first sandwich. This time I decided to cut out the bread and just make a dessert. Enter Peanut Butter & Jelly Oatmeal Bars.
When I first took them out of the oven I let them cool for a bit but I couldn’t wait long. They’re delicious warm but a bit crumbly. Nothing compared to the dripping jelly of a sandwich, and definitely worth it! They’ll be a huge hit with the kids in you house, not to mention the grown ups!
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp of butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups strawberry jelly
- Peaheat the oven to 350 degrees
- grease a 9-by13 inch baking pan
- in a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. It will be lighter in color
- add in the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt
- press half the mixture into an even layer in the bottom of the pan
- spread the strawberry jelly in an even layer over the oat mixture
- top with the remaining oatmeal mixture
- bake for 30 to 40 min
- remove from the oven and allow to cool completely (if you can)
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!