Sometimes you just crave peanut butter and jelly. I don’t eat it often but boy is it good when I do. When I’m making one for myself I usually slather the peanut butter about an inch thick and then the jelly has to be slathered on. When I eat the sandwich the jelly is usually dripping off! I look like a little kid that’s made their very first sandwich. This time I decided to cut out the bread and just make a dessert. Enter Peanut Butter & Jelly Oatmeal Bars.
When I first took them out of the oven I let them cool for a bit but I couldn’t wait long. They’re delicious warm but a bit crumbly. Nothing compared to the dripping jelly of a sandwich, and definitely worth it! They’ll be a huge hit with the kids in you house, not to mention the grown ups!
- Peaheat the oven to 350 degrees
- grease a 9-by13 inch baking pan
- in a large mixing bowl cream together the butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. It will be lighter in color
- add in the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and salt
- press half the mixture into an even layer in the bottom of the pan
- spread the strawberry jelly in an even layer over the oat mixture
- top with the remaining oatmeal mixture
- bake for 30 to 40 min
- remove from the oven and allow to cool completely (if you can)