Taco Pizza is a childhood favorite with refried beans, ground beef and cheddar cheese making it the best spin on pizza EVER!
I lived in Michigan for a couple of years during high school. I have so many great memories with my friends, doing school plays, driving over into Ohio to go to Cedar Point and Mexican pizza. Mexican pizza has been on my mind for 18 years. Wow! I just realized how old I am!!!! Anyway…..back to Mexican pizza, it was amazing. We would eat it every Wednesday in the cafeteria. That was really only thing that was made in the cafeteria that we’d eat. It was a round personal pizza and we’d dip it in ranch, lots and lots of ranch.
I set out to make a pizza for Cinco de Mayo that the kids would like and subconsciously made Mexican Pizza. I decided to add some of my favorite fresh taco toppings to the top for my husband and I and renamed it Taco Pizza. Getting my kids to eat lettuce is a tough sell but put it on pizza and you’ve already lost the argument so they got the Mexican pizza sans toppings and we had the grownup taco pizza with all the fresh goodies on top.
- 1 dough for Easy Peasy Pizza Dough
- 16 oz. zesty salsa refried beans
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups of cheddar cheese shredded
- lettuce shredded
- tomato diced
- purple onion diced
- preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- roll out the pizza to the desired size (I made mine to 10 to 12 inches)
- place on a baking sheet and brush with 1 tbsp of olive oil
- bake for 10 minutes
- heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat
- add the ground beef and start to break it up
- mix in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin and ground coriander
- stir occasionally until cooked through
- Heat the refried beans until warm
- spread the refried beans on the pizza crust in an even layer leaving 1 inch free around the edge
- sprinkle 1 1/2 cup of the cheese over top of the beans, then top with the ground beef
- sprinkle the remaining cheese over top of the beef
- bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes
- remove from the oven and sprinkle your favorite toppings on top
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!