Classic Peanut Butter Delights are an easy one pot dessert full of peanut butter and chocolate flavors!
There are some memories that really stick with me from childhood. Laying around the pool during summer vacation. Climbing trees that I never would let my kids climb today. Raking pine needles into the shape of a race track and then racing bikes with my siblings through the course to see who finished first.
I come from a family of 6 kids. So 8 in the house total. That is a lot of people! So meals were always big for us. Large pots of spaghetti or lasagna. Mountains of meatballs and mashed potatoes.
One dessert I remember the most are these Classic Peanut Butter Delights. They would come together so quick and easy that we would make them after dinner and enjoy them just a little while later.
Of course there were a lot of us so this version I am giving you is scaled down to making only 24. I don’t have 8 people in my house so I am really in no need to having that many cookies. Another memory I have associated with these cookies is the wax paper.
I don’t recall my mom using wax paper for anything other than these cookies and our peanut butter sandwiches when we went to the beach. We would line all of our cabinets with wax paper and then she would start dropping the cookies one by one till the mixture was all gone. It is so hard to wait for them to cool off before you dig in, trust me i know, but wait. They are hot! So let them cool and then enjoy!
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup milk
- ½ stick or 4 tablespoons butter
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- Prepare a cookie tray by lining with wax or parchment paper.
- In a large pot on medium heat bring to a boil sugar, milk, butter, vanilla, and cocoa. Boil for one minute.
- Add peanut butter and stir till melted.
- Add oats.
- Drop onto parchment paper. Allow to cool for 30 minutes or flash freeze for 15 minutes. Serve and ENJOY!
- Store in air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Want more no bake treats? Here you go!