Warm, boozy, and loaded with fall flavors! Warm Apple Cider Cocktail will make you want to bundle up and enjoy the crisp fall weather!
With fall comes the great yearly debate… which is better – pumpkin spice or caramel apple? I typically gravitate towards anything apple flavored. That’s why this hot apple cider cocktail is my absolute favorite fall drink. It’s bursting with caramel apple flavor and it really couldn’t be any easier to make!
If you’re an apple fan like me, you’re sure to become obsessed with this yummy drink. However, if you’re team pumpkin spice, you should check out this Pumpkin Spice Cocktail!
WARM CARAMEL APPLE CIDER COCKTAIL
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DRINKS board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Fall in the pacific northwest is perfection. Seriously. I love taking a long drive on a crisp fall day to look at all the foliage, smell the chill in the air, and wear my favorite cozy sweatshirt. There’s nothing better. But, the weather and foliage aren’t the only great things about fall – with fall comes ALL THE APPLES. Apple pies, apple cider donuts, apple fritters, and of course, Warm Caramel Apple Cider Cocktail!
In the fall, my kids adore apple cider. I swear I should invest in my own apple press and start making the stuff myself. It’d probably be cheaper than buying a gallon weekly at the grocery store!
Now don’t get me wrong, I love apple cider too, BUT, I love it, even more, when it’s mixed up with some booze and made into a yummy hot apple cider cocktail. (Just for the adults of course!)
I always make sure that the boys don’t steal ALL of the cider before I have a chance to mix up a batch of this delicious treat.
Caramel and apples are a match made in flavor heaven. They’re each other’s soulmate. Now add in some vodka and you’ve got a party! That’s why this apple cider cocktail is the perfect way to warm your soul and tickle your tastebuds as you sip it and bask in all of autumn’s glory!
Apple Cider Cocktail Ingredients
- Apple cider – get the good-quality, cloudy stuff!
- Pinnacle Caramel Apple Vodka
- Whipped cream
- Caramel sauce – I use this homemade salted caramel sauce and it’s amazing!
- Cinnamon sticks
If you’re looking to whip up a quick and easy (and oh-so-delicious) cocktail for a quiet night at home, all you’ll need is the apple cider and caramel apple vodka.
However, I love sharing this hot apple cider recipe with friends. I like to dress it up a bit by topping it with whipped cream and a caramel sauce drizzle. It gives the drink a little extra sweetness and makes it look super fancy!
How to Make Hot Apple Cider Cocktails
- Warm your apple cider over low heat in a saucepan. You could even use a slow cooker for this if you want to have cider on hand for multiple hours.
- Then you’ll want to grab six heatproof mugs. Then pour 1/4 cup Pinnacle apple caramel vodka into each mug. (My favorites are linked below!) If you’re making N/A drinks, skip this step.
- Add 1 cup of hot apple cider to each mug and stir. Some like it strong, some like it weak. I like it right in the middle!
- If you want to dress up your drink, top it with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream and a caramel syrup drizzle. It looks beautiful AND tastes extra sweet. Serve warm.
One of the best things about this recipe is that you can make it kid-friendly AND adult-friendly!
Whenever I host a party, I have plain apple cider simmering on the stove for everyone to grab from. If you’re worried about little hands being near the stove, you can pour the hot cider into a slow cooker to keep it warm.
That way, the kids can grab a glass of warm apple cider (try having them spruce it up with some cinnamon sticks).
Then all the adults need to do is pour in their caramel apple vodka and voila! They’ve got the perfect apple cider cocktail.
Want some more Fall flavors to drink inspiration? Check out these other great Real Housemoms recipes!
- Spiced Pumpkin Punch
- Spiced Apple Cider Floats (non-alcoholic!)
- Apple Whiskey Sour
- Apple Cider Shandy
- Pumpkin Ginger Shandy
- more DRINK recipes…
Tools used to make Warm Caramel Apple Cider Cocktail
Mason Jar Mugs: I love these cute mason jar mugs – they’re perfect for drinks year-round!
Medium Saucepan: this is my go-to pot for nearly everything I cook in my kitchen!
*This post originally posted on 11/22/2013.
- 6 cups good-quality apple cider
- 10 ounces Pinnacle Caramel Apple Vodka
- 1 cup Whipped cream for garnish
- 4 Tbsp Caramel sauce for garnish
- Warm apple cider in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Grab 4 heat-proof mugs. Add 2.5 ounces caramel apple vodka to each mug.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of warm apple cider into each mug. It'll mix with the vodka as you pour it in.
- Top each mug with a generous amount of whipped cream and then drizzle caramel sauce over the top, if desired.
- Serve immediately.