If you can’t get enough apple cider, why not make an Apple Cider Shandy? This amazing hard cider cocktail has just 3 ingredients and is a fantastic way to enjoy apple cider in one glorious fall drink!
Is beer your cocktail of choice? If so, you’re likely a big fan of all the autumnal brews, especially the Octoberfest and hard ciders that hit the market as soon as the seasons change. I personally love all of the craft brews, particularly the hard apple ciders this time of year. Many are fantastic, and when combined with fresh apple cider and a splash of bitters, you’ll have a new favorite fall cocktail – this Apple Cider Shandy!
APPLE CIDER SHANDY
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DRINK pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Here are the simple steps to making this fantastic autumnal drink:
- Start with COLD apple cider in a pint glass – The key to optimum enjoyment of this drink is making sure all of your ingredients are COLD! Ideally, you may even want to chill your pint glass or beer mug to have an especially cold drink. To your chilled glass, add about 3 oz. of chilled apple cider. If spiced cider is your thing, give it a try – the cinnamon flavors will taste fantastic with the hard cider.
- Add the hard cider beer to the apple cider – Once you have the apple cider in the glass, top off the drink with your choice of hard beer cider. There are many on the market right now, especially in the fall when micro-brews are putting out all of their apple cider beers. Angry Orchard is pretty mainstream and can be found in most stores, but feel free to go with something more local, especially if you have a favorite brewer in your area.
Add a splash of Angostura Bitters – Angostura is a very common aromatic bitter that can be found in most liquor stores. Its commonly used in making an Old Fashioned or Manhattan, but the flavor and scent of this bitter is a perfect match for this cocktail. However, a little bit of bitters goes a long way – just a few drops is all you will need to get the flavors of fall in this Apple Cider Shandy.
Enjoy right away!
Once you’ve added the bitters to this drink, you’re set! If you like, you can add an apple slice to complete your autumnal cocktail. It’s perfect for sipping on a warm fall afternoon, at a bonfire or even tailgating at your next college football game. Anyway you decide to enjoy it, this Apple Cider Shandy is sure to awaken your autumn spirit!
Want more fall drink recipes?
- Pumpkin Ginger Shandy
- Spiced Apple Cider Floats
- Homemade Vanilla Chai Mix
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Apple Pie Bourbon Smash
- More drink recipes…
Tools used to make this Apple Cider Shandy recipe
Pint glass: Imperial pint glasses are my favorite for serving beer! They make me feel like we’re at a pub even if we’re just sitting out on the back porch.
Bitters: A bottle of Angostura Bitters is something every home bartender should have in their cabinet. This set comes with aromatic and orange bitters to take your favorite cocktails up a level.
Cinnamon sticks: I love having cinnamon sticks on hand during the holiday months! They’re great as a garnish for foods, add them to fall drinks, or even to a homemade potpourri mix!
- 3 oz. apple cider, chilled
- 6 oz. hard cider beer (like Angry Orchard)
- splash of Angostura bitters
- apple slices for garnish
- cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- In a chilled pint glass or beer mug, add the chilled apple cider. Pour in the hard cider beer, and top with a splash (a couple of drops) of the bitters. Add in an apple slice and cinnamon stick for garnish, if desired. Enjoy right away while still cold.
If you loved this amazing fall cocktail, be sure to check out some of Erin’s other easy cocktail recipes over at Delightful E Made: