No Bake Peanut Butter Bars are super rich with just 5 ingredients! Whip up these chewy chocolate and peanut butter bars in just 10 minutes!
There’s nothing better than a good no-bake peanut butter dessert, like a creamy peanut butter pie or these No Bake Peanut Butter Bars! If you love Reese’s cups, this is the perfect easy treat for lunches, parties, and DIY gifts.
NO BAKE PEANUT BUTTER BARS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DESSERT board!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
My parents were here for Father’s Day and since my dad and husband both love Reese’s cup desserts, I knew this no-bake dessert would be a hit! They were extremely delicious and we all had to have some major willpower to stop eating them. Thankfully they’re easy to freeze if you have leftovers!.
You only need 5 ingredients for these peanut butter bars. I bet you already have everything you need in your kitchen! The one thing you won’t need — the oven or stovetop.
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Bars Ingredients
PEANUT BUTTER: I like to use reduced-fat creamy peanut butter for this recipe, but your favorite brand will work.
If you’re a crunchy peanut butter fan, use it! Mixed with a little powdered sugar, it’s perfectly nutty with a little extra sweetness and crunch! They won’t be exactly like the lunch lady peanut butter bars you had as a kid, but they’re just as tasty!
CHOCOLATE CHIPS: Milk chocolate and peanut butter are my favorite combination. These no bake chocolate peanut butter bars are the perfect mix! You could coat these with dark chocolate or white chocolate too if you prefer.
You’ll also need a little melted butter and graham cracker crumbs. I’ve also made these with crispy rice cereal instead of graham crackers in a pinch — like rice Krispie treats without the marshmallows!
How to Make No Bake Peanut Butter Bars
- First, mix the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and some peanut butter until it’s totally combined. Press the crust firmly into the baking dish.
- Then, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. Stir every 30 seconds until it’s all smooth as silk.
- Finally, spread the melted chocolate over the peanut butter crust layer, covering the entire top evenly.
That’s it! Let them set in the fridge at least an hour before slicing, or even overnight! This no-bake dessert is also a great make-ahead option for bake sales, birthday parties, or holiday spreads.
Can I Freeze No Bake Peanut Butter Bars with Chocolate?
One of the best things about these no-bake Reese’s peanut butter bars is they freeze beautifully! I almost always have a few in my freezer for chocolate and peanut butter emergencies.
To freeze, simply cover the bars tightly and pop them in the freezer. They’ll last up to 3 months like this for a great thaw-and-eat treat!
I prefer to slice mine before freezing, but you can also freeze an entire baking dish! Simply thaw overnight in the refrigerator before slicing.
What Can I Do with a Lot of Peanut Butter?
Add this healthy fat to your breakfast routine with these chocolate peanut butter banana breakfast cookies. That’s right — cookies for breakfast!
Easter isn’t complete without these homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs! Show your family the Easter bunny isn’t the only one with tricks this spring.
If you’re craving fudgy brownies, there’s none better than these frosted peanut butter brownies! This show-stopping dessert is topped with peanut butter cups for an even more chocolatey peanut butter flavor!
More Amazing No-Bake Dessert Recipes
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bars
- No-Bake Cinnamon Tiramisu
- Cherry Cheesecake
- No-Bake Peppermint Pie
- S’mores Cheesecake Bars
- More DESSERT recipes…
Tools used to make this No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars recipe
Baking dish: This peanut butter bar recipe is the perfect amount for a 9×13 baking dish. Thanks to the natural oils in the peanut butter, there’s no need to grease it or use parchment paper.
Mixing bowls: I love these peanut butter bars because there’s hardly any cleanup! You just need a couple of mixing bowls and a wooden spoon.
*This post originally posted on 07/13/2013.
- 1 cup butter melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/3 cups creamy peanut butter divided
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and 1 cup peanut butter until well blended.
- Press evenly into the bottom of an ungreased 9-inch × 13-inch pan.
- In the microwave, melt the chocolate chips with the remaining 1/3 cup peanut butter, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Spread the melted chocolate over the peanut butter and graham cracker layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cutting into 12 squares.