Chicken Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels are so easy to make and always a hit at parties or potlucks! I will always make extra to have for lunch too!
When I lived in Arizona I worked for a company that seemed to ALWAYS have potlucks!!! It became a joke with my hiring class that everyone gained 10 to 15 pounds when you started working there because we sat at a desk all day and at super tasty food! One of my favorite dishes when people would bring them in were pinwheels. There are so many great options for making pinwheels that I never got bored. I don’t get to have potlucks like that anymore and I miss them, even if my waistline doesn’t. I was thinking of something yummy to snack on the other day and all of a sudden it hit me, Chicken Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels!!!!
When I start to think of food for Cinco de Mayo it takes me back to my time living in Arizona and all the jalapenos we ate. Clearly we have a love affair at Real Housemoms with jalapeno poppers! We’ve got Bacon Jalapeno Poppers, then there’s the bloody Mary version, the dip and the quiche, but in our defense, they’re really, really good!!! I was making tacos so I used the Super Easy Chicken Taco recipe and just made extra for these chicken jalapeno popper pinwheels. I also had the Super Easy Blender Salsa on hand to serve with chips so I added a bit of that. You can use your favorite salsa but seriously this entire meals was amazing and soooo easy. The jalapeno peppers are broiled in the oven so that they have that roasted flavor and to help with the heat. If you’re serving a crowd you may want to keep the heat down and that’s pretty easy to do with this recipe. I couldn’t stop eating them and I think I told my husband they were stupid good, which is not a normal saying for me, so you know they were out of this world awesome!
Try the other delicious finger foods!
- Club Sandwich Pinwheels
- Loaded Potato Skins
- Roast Beef Sliders
- Sausage Cheese Balls
- How to Make Deviled Eggs
- More appetizers recipes…
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp salsa I used Easy Blender Salsa
- 1 cup cooked chicken shredded (I use the Super Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos recipe)
- 4 large sandwich wraps or tortillas
- Turn oven on to broil and place the whole jalapeno peppers onto a baking sheet
- place on the top rack in the oven and allow to broil for 5 to 10 minutes flipping in the middle
- remove when the skins have started to blacken and peppers are slightly soft
- allow to cool while you prepare the rest of the ingredients
- in a medium mixing bowl combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, salt, garlic powder, cumin, salsa, and chicken
- once peppers have cooled to the touch cut off the stem and slice in half the long way
- remove as much or as little of the seeds and membrane as you'd like. The more you remove the more mild they will be.
- the skins will be peeling up so remove them
- chop your pepper and place into the cream cheese mixture and stir to combine
- lay out one of the sandwich wraps and spread the cream cheese mixture over the entire thing
- starting on one side roll the wrap onto itself until you are left with a cigar shaped log
- place to the side, opening down, and repeat with the remaining wraps
- slice the ends of the wraps off so that you are left with flat ends to your logs.
- slice in 1 inch sections and set on your serving dish
- serve with your favorite salsa or even guacamole and enjoy!