Club Sandwich Pinwheels use the traditional club sandwich ingredients, but wrap them in a tortilla. Easy to make and fun to eat!
Club sandwich pinwheels are the perfect recipe for parties, BBQs, potlucks or school lunch! Simple and no-cook, it doesn’t get any easier! This Turkey Clube Sandwich Pinwheel is a classic sandwich in finger food form! If you’re keeping it low carb, you can turn them into lettuce wraps by skipping the tortilla and putting the lettuce leaf on the outside for rolling!
CLUB SANDWICH PINWHEELS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Let’s start with the basics…
What is a club sandwich?
- Traditionally speaking, a club sandwich is made from meat, mayonnaise, tomato, and lettuce. Instead of being just one layer, it is two. You’ll commonly see them cut into fourths and held together by a fancy toothpick with a frilly plastic pompom thing on the end.
Bread and meat can vary. You’ll see it made with bacon, which is also known as a BLT when only one layer, or made with thinly sliced turkey or chicken. It can even (prepare to have your mind blown) be made with multiple types of meat!
I prefer my club sandwiche recipe to have two types of meat. It adds to the sophistication of the otherwise simple meal. I usually choose bacon and smoked turkey. The smooth smokiness of the turkey pairs well with salty and slightly chewy bacon bits. Texturally and flavor-wise, you just elevated your average club sandwich.
Making it even easier to eat, and even better for parties, potlucks, school lunch and other gatherings, I’ve made mine into a pinwheel. Club Sandwich Pinwheels lose the signature “double layer” but that is all made up for in the convenient two-bite finger food.
Here are a few pieces of advice for making any pinwheel sandwich, but especially a Club Sandwich Pinwheel.
How to make a club sandwich pinwheel
- Don’t overload the tortilla. Make sure your stuffing ingredients are in as even of a layer as possible.
- Wrap the tortilla as tight as possible. Stuffing will loosen and get away if you don’t!
- Refrigerate the tortilla before cutting. It helps to keep its shape. Place toothpicks before cutting to help retain shape and uniform size.
Ready for more party-ready roll ups?
- Spicy Chicken Tortilla Roll Ups
- Ranch BLT Roll Ups
- Chicken Jalapeno Popper Pinwheels
- Peanut Butter Banana Roll Ups
- Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Club Sandwich Pinwheels recipe
Cutting Board: A good-sized cutting board is a must for home cooks. This board is thick & sturdy and makes recipe prep a breeze.
Knives: A good set of kitchen knives is essential for any cook. This set is the best one I’ve owned so far and it comes with a knife block, steak knives, and an array of larger knives perfect for all your slicing, chopping, and cutting needs.
- 2 large flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 12 thin slices provolone cheese
- 12 thin slices deli turkey
- 3 tablespoons bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 tomato thinly sliced
- 6 pieces Bibb lettuce
- Evenly spread mayonnaise on each flour tortilla. Being careful to arrange in a uniform thin layer, equally divide provolone cheese, turkey, bacon tomato and lettuce on each tortilla.
- Roll each tortilla very tightly. Wrap each snuggly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place toothpicks very 1 to 1/2 inch. Using a serrated knife, cut into pinwheels.
- Place back into the refrigerator in an artful display or serve immediately.
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!