Chicken Lettuce Wraps are Asian inspired lettuce wraps loaded with bold flavors! This easy appetizer recipe is ready in only 20 minutes!
If you have ever been to P.F. Chang’s, chances are you have tried their amazing PF Chang’s chicken lettuce wraps. This chicken lettuce wraps recipe is inspired by the restaurant favorite, mimicking the bold, delicious flavors, but in an easy to make at home version. With hoisin, oyster sauce, ginger, and garlic, along with all the regular players like chicken, water chestnuts, etc. you are going to fall head over heels for these amazing chicken lettuce wraps!
CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
Real Housemoms TV
Whether you want a fresh, easy, meal, or are looking to achieve a take-out fake-out, or just an Asian themed dinner, these chicken lettuce wraps are for you. They are insanely good. They are crunchy, hearty, and oh so tasty. I usually flip flop between these Asian chicken lettuce wraps and Instant Pot Mongolian Beef when we’re craving Asian flavors.
One of the things I love about these chicken lettuce wraps is that much like the restaurant version, you can tweak them to your personal flavor profile. You can add some hot sauce if you want a kick of heat to them. You could make them a little sweeter with extra brown sugar. Or you can leave them as is. They are not too hot for kids and perfect for adults.
We love a good appetizer with dinner, so if you are just looking for something light but filling to play the appetizer before something like this 30-minute Cheesy Garlic Shrimp Alfredo, these lettuce wraps could be a great option. They also double as a meal if you want something low-carb, like these Hawaiian Chicken Bites.
You can also add chow mien noodles or rice noodles on top for extra crunch, or even some peanuts. There are a lot of fun ways to mix things up with these chicken lettuce wraps. My family loves dipping them in Garlic Plum Sauce too. It’s just like being at the restaurant!
My husband loves when I make them and put some aside for him to take to lunch later in the week. I will simply put the filling in a container that can be microwaved, along with a few leaves of butter lettuce, and he has a healthy and filling lunch on the go.
Want more Asian recipes?
- Easy Fried Rice
- Crab Rangoon
- Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
- Korean Beef Bowl
- Mongolian Chicken
- More appetizer recipes…
Tools used to make this Chicken Lettuce Wraps recipe
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
Wooden Spoon: Wooden spoons are a kitchen essential. I keep a bunch of them on hand for every meal from breakfast to dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground chicken or chicken breast cut into small chunks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1/2 cup yellow onion diced
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 TBS oyster sauce
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- 1 TBS rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 Tsp red chili paste
- 8 ounce can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ground chicken and season with salt and pepper, or chunked up chicken breasts
- Brown and crumble chicken, about 3-5 minutes, drain fat. Or cook chicken breast chunks, drain fat.
- After draining, return to heat and stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger, and chili paste and cook until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chestnuts and green onions cooking until tender, about 1-2 minutes;
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, to preference.
- spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf and enjoy
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!