This Mongolian Chicken is better than your typical Chinese take-out. Pick up the chop sticks and get ready to dig in!
Who doesn’t just love easy one pot meals? This Mongolian Chicken is just that a one pot, 30 minute meal. That is so delicious and the entire family will love it.
MY LATEST VIDEOS
My family loves Chinese take-out. But with 7 of us it can get a little pricy and we all like the same things, so we usually order 5-6 dishes and all but one are the same exact dish. So that is when I started to recreate some of our favorite take-out recipes. This Mongolian Chicken recipe is one of those. My kids love Mongolian Beef but I am more of a white meat girl, so I adapted this recipe to my liking.
This recipe rates up there with my husband. And my kids have already requested it again. Looking for some more of our family favorite take-out copycats check out A Dash of Sanity’s Baked Orange Chicken, a healthy alternative to Orange Chicken. And then my #1 dish Take-Out Sesame Ginger Chicken.
Can’t wait for you to sit down with a set of chop sticks and dig into this dish. Make it fun and grab some take-out containers from your local Chinese place. The kids will love it and won’t even know you made it. Enjoy! XOXO San
Get more great recipes like this one on our Real Housemoms Dinner pin board!
- 3 chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1-2 tablespoons sauce recipe below
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup Asian Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced then cut in half
- 3 green onions chopped
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a blender and blender until well combined, 20 seconds. Set aside.
- In a large Ziploc bag add the chicken, cut into 1-inch cubes. Add 1-2 tablespoons of sauce above and then ¼ cup cornstarch. Toss to evenly coat, set aside.
- In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat and let it heat until it is hot, and making a sizzling/popping sounds. Add chicken and cook, until the chicken starts to brown and juices start to run clear, 6-9 minutes.
- **Cooking time will vary depending on how you cut your chicken, make sure it is cooked all the way through by cutting a piece or two down the center and making sure that the chicken juices and running clear and there is no pink in the center.** Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon oil to the same skillet, heat over medium-high heat. Gently add in the broccoli and cooking tossing to coat, for 1 minute. Add ¼ cup water, cover pan, and lower heat to medium. Steam broccoli for 2 minutes.
- Remove lid and push broccoli to one side of the pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil and add red peppers, garlic and ginger. Cook tossing to coat about 1 minute.
- Add in chicken and sauce to the skillet, stir to combine. And let it come to boil and cook 3-5 minutes; constantly stirring.
- Remove from heat and top with green onions.
- Serve immediately with rice.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!