Keep this Ramen Noodle Stir Fry in your back pocket for busy nights when you need a quick meal! Completely customizable, the beauty of this recipe is that you use the ramen soup packets from instant ramen packets to make the stir-fry sauce.
I consider stir-fries to be a quick mid-week meal, but this is even faster. Because you don’t have to make a sauce from scratch, half the work is already done for you in the form of the packet of soup stock that comes in the ramen packets! I came up with this recipe way back when I was a poor college student. I had way than my fair share of basic Instant Ramen – bring water to boil, add a packet of soup stock powder, add veggies and protein, add noodles. Dinner, done, in 3 minutes. But there’s only so much basic Instant Ramen you can have before you are completely and utterly over it…..Enter: Ramen Noodle Stir Fry.
RAMEN NOODLE STIR FRY
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER pinboard!
Follow Real Housemoms on Pinterest
This Ramen Noodle Stir Fry recipe is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Noodles: Cook in boiling water;
- Sauce: Mix cornstarch with water, then add sachet from instant ramen packet;
- Stir Fry: Saute garlic and onion, add other vegetables and protein of choice, add noodles and sauce.
Dinner. Done. In 12 minutes. OK, so it’s 9 minutes longer than the Instant Ramen Soup …. but it’s a lot more interesting!!!
I love how saucy this noodle stir-fry is. I also love how you can change up the flavor of the sauce just by using a different type of ramen. This recipe will work with any instant ramen that comes with a sachet of soup broth seasoning. I’ve made this with dozens of brands of ramen over the years (I’m not going to confess just how many years!!!). The recipe is always the same, the sauce flavor just differs.
And of course, the vegetables and proteins are customisable to whatever you have on hand too. Hope you enjoy!
Want more Asian style recipes?
- Easy Fried Rice
- Summer Veggie Udon Noodle Stir Fry
- Korean Beef Bowls
- Thai Coconut Cocktail Meatballs
- Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables
- More dinner recipes…
Tools used to make this Ramen Noodle Stir Fry recipe
Ramen Noodles: Every college kids knows and loves ramen packs, and I’m no exception!
Medium Saucepan: I don’t what I’d do without this saucepan. It gets used in my kitchen every day. The glass lid even has strainer sides so I need a colander for pasta!
Large Skillet: This skillet is my go-to kitchen tool. It’s large circumference and high sides make it perfect for cooking anything from one pan meals to soups and sauces.
- 2 packets instant ramen of choice including the sachets of soup broth seasoning
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 5 oz chicken any, chopped into small bite size pieces
- 1 small carrot peeled and sliced on the diagonal
- 2 scallions cut into 2" pieces, white part separated from green part
- 2 cups green cabbage chopped into 1" pieces
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- Place cornstarch and water in a small bowl and mix. Add both sachets of soup broth seasoning from the instant ramen packets. Mix.
- Cook noodles per packet directions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add garlic and onion, cook for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and cook for 1 minute until it turns white.
- Add carrot, cabbage and the white part of the scallions. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add noodles and Sauce. Cook, tossing the noodles until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- Toss through green part of scallions, serve immediately.
Download Your Free Copy!
Download your FREE copy of Dinner Made Easy!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and download your copy of Dinner Made Easy FREE! You'll get one email a week with our favorite recipes and tools to make life easy!