Easy Ramen Noodle Stir Fry is the perfect quick dish to make on a busy night when you want something delicious and you want it now!
Savory and fast, this Ramen Noodle Stir Fry comes together in less than 20 minutes and is a satisfying meal for the whole family! Instant Ramen Noodles, tender chicken, and fresh vegetables cook up in no time for a dish full of umami Asian flavors that are impossible not to love.
Weeknight Winner of a Dinner
Some nights are just crazy in my house, with a long day at work and a practice for one kid and activity for another. While I love to cook, I don’t always have the time to prepare, cook and get everyone fed before someone needs to race off to something. This Ramen Noodle Stir Fry recipe felt like a message from my stovetop that yes, I could have it all and enjoy it too! Using the seasoning packets included with the packages of instant Ramen Noodles was like a stroke of genius because I could save time using those as my sauce base instead of making a complicated sauce. Tossing in fresh ingredients made this easy stir fry taste light and delicious, and altogether was something we all thought was pretty awesome.
Other Recipes to Serve with Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
- If you’ve got a craving for more Asian flavors and love a good appetizer, you have to try these amazing Crispy Spring Rolls!
- Crock Pots are perfect for quick and easy dinners when you’re busy and Slow Cooker Pineapple Teriyaki Chicken will definitely have your Crock Pot working over time, it’s that good!
Chicken: To keep the cooking time quick use boneless and skinless chicken thighs or chicken breast.
Veggies: Along with adding your favorite vegetables to this dish, like broccoli, snow peas, or water chestnuts, you will also need cabbage, onion, carrots, garlic, and scallions.
Pasta: You will need two instant Ramen Noodle packages and remember to keep the seasoning packets!
Seasoning: Both of the seasoning packets will be used for the sauce, along with cornstarch and water.
How to Make Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
STEP ONE: In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water together. Sprinkle in the seasoning packets and stir until mixed. Cook the Ramen Noodles according to the package directions in a medium pot.
STEP TWO: In a large skillet, sauté the onion and garlic in olive oil for a minute and then add the diced chicken. Once the chicken is cooked through, add the vegetables and continue cooking for about another two minutes.
STEP THREE: Add the noodles and the sauce and toss until everything is well coated and the sauce has thickened a bit. Top with sliced scallions and enjoy!
Tips for Success
- There are so many different Ramen Noodle sauce flavors to choose from and each will work for this recipe. Try some new flavors and you won’t be disappointed!
- Add all the vegetables you love, from baby corn to bamboo shoots, it will all enhance the dish and taste amazing.
- Go with a boneless and skinless variety of chicken so that it cooks quickly and makes this dish your speedy go-to recipe!
What Can I Put On My Ramen To Make It Even Better?
There are amazing ways to top your ramen dishes, from food toppings to sauces! Try Sriracha, chili flakes, cilantro, or freshly squeezed lime. Dried seaweed (nori), toasted sesame oil, kimchi, and crumbled bacon would also make for outstanding toppings on your Ramen dish.
How Long Does Ramen Noodle Stir Fry Last?
If tightly covered and stored in the refrigerator, Ramen Noodle Stir Fry will keep for four days and reheats quickly in the microwave for perfect leftovers. You can also freeze this Ramen Noodle dish and when you’re ready for it, thaw it before you reheat it in the microwave.
More Delicious Asian Inspired Meals
*This post was originally posted on 10/17/2017.
- 2 packets instant ramen your choice of flavor
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- ½ yellow onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 5 ounces chicken chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 small carrot peeled and sliced on the diagonal
- 2 green onions cut into "-inch pieces, separate the white part from green part
- 2 cups green cabbage chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 packets soup broth seasoning from the instant ramen packs
- Place cornstarch and water in a small bowl and mix. Add both packets of soup broth seasoning from the instant ramen packets. Mix until combined and set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the garlic and onion, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and cook for 1 minute until it turns white. Add carrot, cabbage, and the white part of the green onions. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add noodles and Sauce. Cook, tossing the noodles until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- Add the green part of the green onions and toss to combine. Serve immediately.